Will leaving the EU impact potential signings

2 minutes ago, shez owl said:

Who's to say? Well the EU did for a start, you know that organisation that controls ALL our prospective and current customers. It's not impossible to do deals but it is impossible to do better deals than the one we have now, that is a fact and something we have to live with. By the way the country was a wreck before we joined, but hey we've got BoJo and Farage two multi millionaires, to lead us ordinary folk out of recession.

Anyway come on DC lets get a player in 

You say it's a fact but I'm sure we will be able to negotiate trade deals individually with each country now surely? The country was in the poo poo before and it could be now we are leaving, but as you say we we're in the poo poo while we were in the EU. I see this as potential for change and maybe getting the UK moving forward. 

Anyway we are getting away from the actual discussion which is how will this affect Wednesday over the next few years. 

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Its very complicated based on what % of games you need to play depending on the ranking of your country

I think the higher the country is ranked the less % of games you need to play

Now the lower leagues will be majority UK only players.

Eg: Lopez who we had last season wouldn't be getting a work permit

We better throw everything at getting promoted this season then coz there's no way our academy is going to get us promoted anytime soon 

12 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I'm no expert on this but hasn't played international football

I've just read had this happened a year ago Payet, Martial and Kante wouldn't have got permits

Yes, but that is under EU permits, we can let in who we like, or not

we have left the eu not nato, the un, or any other organisation.  we will be able to negioate our own terms and conditions to buy foreign goods. we can sell wonkey bananas andother food stuffs that did not comply to size, shape etc as set down by unelected eu officials. we can still employ foreign workers om work permits as we did before. football will go on as it has before and will ever do so. we can cope with any changes we may have to make. as we have always done.  i would not be surprised if our government does not do a u turn in the next 2years as the vote was so close and have another referendum. life goes on and we will still be watching footie and cheering our lads to glory 

7 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Its very complicated based on what % of games you need to play depending on the ranking of your country

I think the higher the country is ranked the less % of games you need to play

Now the lower leagues will be majority UK only players.

Eg: Lopez who we had last season wouldn't be getting a work permit

But is that not EU rules or is it down to some other football governing body ie the FA

14 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

You say it's a fact but I'm sure we will be able to negotiate trade deals individually with each country now surely? The country was in the poo poo before and it could be now we are leaving, but as you say we we're in the poo poo while we were in the EU. I see this as potential for change and maybe getting the UK moving forward. 

Anyway we are getting away from the actual discussion which is how will this affect Wednesday over the next few years. 

No EU country can negotiate a deal that disadvantages fellow EU states.

as for Wednesday we need to get our academy up and running, pump money into it and be the best in the area.

10 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I am really no expert but the players we signed last season from abroad would all now be blocked from getting permits wouldn't they?

We will be able to set our own rules as to who comes in on a work permit, that is one of the main reasons for leaving, it gives us control, we can bring in Drs & nurses, scientist & footballers, from anywhere in the world, if we want to

No-One seems to have mentioned Carlos and his team, will they be able to get a work permit?

With Boris and Farage in place I suspect their next step will no doubt be to get rid of ALL Johnny Foreigner types in the UK.

Lets face it just as we all know England have the best football team in the world and we should have won all the World Cups and Euros if it wasn't for those pesky foreigners plotting against us.

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, bigrbuk said:

All depends on what exit deal we agree. If we stay part of the single market, free movement of workers will remain.

That is not going to happen.

9 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

All depends on what exit deal we agree. If we stay part of the single market, free movement of workers will remain.

But that is the reason most people wanted to stop......................... So it won't happen.........

What we have just done is like giving your friends a massive 2 fingers and told them all to F**K off we don't need you.

Except we then expect them to open their arms back to us and talk to us but only on our terms and not theirs of course, because we are the greatest country in the world, and no country can possibly live without us. 

If you believe the last statement will happen then you need to think again.

Edited by oakleyrob
add words

1 minute ago, oakleyrob said:

But that is the reason most people wanted to stop......................... So it won't happen.........

What we have just done is like giving your friends a massive 2 fingers and told them all to F**K off we don't need you.

Except we then expect them to open their arms back to us and talk to us but only on our terms and not theirs of course, because we are the greatest country in the world. 

I think they are going to stuff us, so that other nations dont follow our lead.

2 minutes ago, oakleyrob said:

Except we then expect them to open their arms back to us and talk to us but only on our terms and not theirs of course, because we are the greatest country in the world, and no country can possibly live without us. 

I agree, I was just pointing out that it is far from cut and dried EU residents will need a visa.

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I think they are going to stuff us, so that other nations dont follow our lead.

I agree and who can blame them?

Oh hang on that will be the excuse the Brexit people will be using using when it all goes to sh** when our former European friends tell us to go away and they have found a new supplier in one of their european countries that can now actually provide what they need much cheaper because they don't have trade tariffs added to their goods. 

We couldnt even sign Rudolph Austin last season because of stupid work permit rules, so we cant get the players we want already.

And on the national side of it, England have won more World Cups whilst not being in the EU than we have in it.

12 minutes ago, Miffed said:

We couldnt even sign Rudolph Austin last season because of stupid work permit rules, so we cant get the players we want already.

And on the national side of it, England have won more World Cups whilst not being in the EU than we have in it.

He is jamaican, so that has nothing to do with the EU.

3 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Don't know really but it might make us develop our own young talent and provide a better England team.

That will only ever happen once we have the same amount of coaches as the likes of Spain, Italy, Germany etc. We are way behind numbers wise and leaving the EU wont change that.

2 minutes ago, folger said:

Brexit is going to have absolutely no impact on football or football players ect whatsoever. More fear mongering unfortunately.  

I don't think they will be any immediate effect but I really hope in time clubs will find it harder to bring foreign players here and clubs will have to develop more home grown players. At Sheffield Wednesday for instance I welcome players as good as FF here but are we really going to be any poorer for not seeing Sasso, Modou Sougou and Claude Dielna. Would much rather see youth team players given a chance.

1 hour ago, MallorcaOwl said:

We will be able to set our own rules as to who comes in on a work permit, that is one of the main reasons for leaving, it gives us control, we can bring in Drs & nurses, scientist & footballers, from anywhere in the world, if we want to

That's what we have done... the FA have dictated that non-EU foreigners need to have played a certain number of international games. The reason that we haven't done it with EU countries is that it would be breaking EU law.

Once we leave the EU, those work permit laws will apply to all. We would have been unable to make a single one of our foreign player signings last summer had we not been part of the EU. And that includes Forrestieri.