Will leaving the EU impact potential signings

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

That's what we have done... the FA have dictated that non-EU foreigners need to have played a certain number of international games. The reason that we haven't done it with EU countries is that it would be breaking EU law.

Once we leave the EU, those work permit laws will apply to all. We would have been unable to make a single one of our foreign player signings last summer had we not been part of the EU. And that includes Forrestieri. 

The FA may have made this ruling so as to protect home grown talent a little. But it is not a law and the FA could just change the ruling to a simple quota system.

•  
2 hours ago, Snowyowl61 said:

Never mind. We could soon be hailing that working-class, man-of-the-people Boris >>>king Johnson as our new moderate Prime Minister. Life couldn't be better - NOT.

Life couldn't be better - NOT ???????

'kin hate it when people talk like that!

What's wrong with talking english?  Why can't you just say "Life couldn't be worse"  FFS.

11 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

That will only ever happen once we have the same amount of coaches as the likes of Spain, Italy, Germany etc. We are way behind numbers wise and leaving the EU wont change that.

It will. Because we will have to produce UK talent who will need coaching. Money will do the talking as it always has.

22 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think they will be any immediate effect but I really hope in time clubs will find it harder to bring foreign players here and clubs will have to develop more home grown players. At Sheffield Wednesday for instance I welcome players as good as FF here but are we really going to be any poorer for not seeing Sasso, Modou Sougou and Claude Dielna. Would much rather see youth team players given a chance.

Me too mate. 

30 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

That will only ever happen once we have the same amount of coaches as the likes of Spain, Italy, Germany etc. We are way behind numbers wise and leaving the EU wont change that.

It will if home grown talent is at a premium.... which it will be. There will be coaches aplenty.

24 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It will. Because we will have to produce UK talent who will need coaching. Money will do the talking as it always has.

So pre Brexit wasn't this the case? Do you suddenlyl think the FA will throw money at coaching to the level of EU cunterparts? They simply wont.

If the pound is cheaper Premier League TV rights become more affordable worldwide leading to greater coverage and media dominance. We'll be able to scout and recruit worldwide now from Europe to South America on a level playing field which might give us a competitive advantage over the EU leagues so the quality and value for money of foreign imports might actually improve.

Edited by TrueOwl

1 hour ago, OasisOwl72 said:

40 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

So pre Brexit wasn't this the case? Do you suddenlyl think the FA will throw money at coaching to the level of EU cunterparts? They simply wont.

I don't think the FA will "suddenly" do anything. If you can't have players from abroad, then where do you think they'll come from? Clubs will latch onto it and demand well coached UK players. It will take time but got to happen. Therefore the training and provision of quality coaches will follow. The market will drive it.

Surely workers and all people from the EU will have different criteria from working and living in the uk than from countries outside the EU. This will be part of the negotiated exit as we will still need workers from the EU more than workers from other parts of the world. I think it will probably boil down to how much a person earns and if you sign a 3-4 year contract then you will be allowed to stay for the duration of the contract providing you earn above a certain amount which 99% of footballers will. Trade and immigration with the EU will not just stop because we have left

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, peacock1961 said:

back on topic and to answer the OP. No it wont

Of course it will. In the short term, the pound has dropped like a stone - so immediately, players will cost more. Long term, we have to wait and see what future work permit requirements will be. 

I think you will find that anyone who tries to come to this country outside the EU can't automatically bring their families with them.

So certain players will not be coming. Also no-one answered my original  question on Carlos and his coaching team?

3 minutes ago, oakleyrob said:

I think you will find that anyone who tries to come to this country outside the EU can't automatically bring their families with them.

So certain players will not be coming. Also no-one answered my original  question on Carlos and his coaching team?

He and his staff will have been here 3 years by then (as long as he sees out his contract), so cannot see a problem with Visas.