Will leaving the EU impact potential signings

6 hours ago, shez owl said:

Level out?! The markets are least of our worries. Everything we buy will be more expensive than now forever! We have just said f@ck you to our biggest trading partner and the organisation that regulates prices. But them bananas hey

How will it? Will goods from China be more expensive? Will goods from Indonesia be more expensive? There's a strong possibility that without the tariffs imposed by the EU on non EU goods, those goods will be cheaper not more expensive.

As for the value of the pound, the thing that drives currency fluctuations is uncertainty. That uncertainty has now gone and as always the markets will eventually drift back to normal. Just remind me, were we in the good old EU when we went through the worst recession in living memory in 2008?

As for biggest trade partner. The biggest potential trade partner is the rest of the world, which is the exact reason the government was courting China recently against all the hysterical 'Human rights' opposition. When the Steel industry looked like going to the wall a few weeks ago, did the EU step in? Did it f**k, it was a company from one of the new world economies that stepped in.

The argument about trading partners rubs both ways. They need us as much as we need them. Does anyone in their right mind think they will refuse to buy goods from us, but we will still be lining up in our thousands to buy their Mercs, BMWs, Peugeots, Fiat's etc etc.  Germany have already come forward with an interim potential trade agreement to offset any of this, which is exactly what will happen. 

The EU started off as a trading block & drifted into ever closer political union. The issue that is still the main driver though is trade and it is a fact of life that they need our trade as much as we need theirs.

People need to take a deep breath, step back & cut the hysterics. Life went on before the EU, life goes on around the world out of the EU and life will go on for us. It may take a bit of adjustment, but it is basically a fat bloated, bureaucratic, non competitive talking shop that has outlasted it's usefulness. 

Oops nearly forgot the OP. No it won't. Money talks always has. Their will be special provision made as always. 

Edited by bigthinrob

Yes because we buy so much quality stuff from both Indonesia and China don't we? 

Just sounds like Poundland and SUFC club shop may be the only winners !!!

And just to remind you that the EU will now be helping companies in their 27 countries in the EU to manufacture the goods that usually come from the UK. 

You also have to remember that any investment into the UK for development and supporting local communities will now vanish as they decide their 27 countries are more deserving. And if we don't like it, well tough!

Edited by oakleyrob

5 hours ago, shez owl said:

No EU country can negotiate a deal that disadvantages fellow EU states.

as for Wednesday we need to get our academy up and running, pump money into it and be the best in the area.

The alarming fact is that many of the people who voted were not aware of this significant fact. As much a failure of those heading the remain campaign as anything else.

On the football front we are certainly likely to get less value for money from overseas in the short term and if you were a footballer looking at a move to England, the decision taken by our country would surely make you at least consider more stable alternatives until rules & regulations are confirmed.

3 hours ago, twolaptops said:

If Scotland leave we could not buy the likes of  Donnelly O'Donnel  May etc etc..................yipee !!!!!

or Barry Bannan.......

would narrow the blunts market for players though as half or their signings in recent years have been Scottish.

7 hours ago, shez owl said:
17 minutes ago, oakleyrob said:

Yes because we buy so much quality stuff from both Indonesia and China don't we? 

Just sounds like Poundland and SUFC club shop may be the only winners !!!

And just to remind you that the EU will now be helping companies in their 27 countries in the EU to manufacture the goods that usually come from the UK. 

You also have to remember that any investment into the UK for development and supporting local communities will now vanish as they decide their 27 countries are more deserving. And if we don't like it, well tough!

"The importance of China to the UK economy as a trading partner has increased consistently since 2004, with both imports and exports increasing. Following a growth of imports from £11.4 billion to £37.6 billion in 2014, China has become the UK’s second largest import partner behind America."       

As for investment into the UK for development.  The same money minus 50% we pay in by any chance?  Just cut out the middle man and pay ourselves!!

5 hours ago, shez owl said:

No EU country can negotiate a deal that disadvantages fellow EU states.

as for Wednesday we need to get our academy up and running, pump money into it and be the best in the area.

Let's see how long that lasts shall we, when Mercedes & BMW have thousands of unsold cars usually bound for Blighty.

The Germans have already made overtures about a provisional trade agreement!

The Germans run the show and the Germans will do exactly what they want to do as long as it benefits the Germans.

16 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

"The importance of China to the UK economy as a trading partner has increased consistently since 2004, with both imports and exports increasing. Following a growth of imports from £11.4 billion to £37.6 billion in 2014, China has become the UK’s second largest import partner behind America."       

As for investment into the UK for development.  The same money minus 50% we pay in by any chance?  Just cut out the middle man and pay ourselves!!

That's probably why all our High Streets are full of Pound shops.   :-)  

Sounds like the "£350m" is going a hell of a long way , what with the NHS, Farmers, Educational institutes, Film Makers, Fishing Industry , not to mention the run-down areas that really need the investment like Barnsley and Rotherham.

I don't think there will be much left for anything else like sports development. Perhaps we need Nigel and Boris to help us understand exactly how much will be spent within each of those sectors. I am sure we will also have money to re-negotiate all these trade deals, move our border guards back to the UK, print out new passports!!!

Anyhow, I will say no more on this matter, I am going to get a glass of German Beer, a slice of Spanish Ham and eat some Italian Olives before I sleep in my Danish Bed!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:  

1 minute ago, oakleyrob said:

That's probably why all our High Streets are full of Pound shops.   :-)  

Sounds like the "£350m" is going a hell of a long way , what with the NHS, Farmers, Educational institutes, Film Makers, Fishing Industry , not to mention the run-down areas that really need the investment like Barnsley and Rotherham.

I don't think there will be much left for anything else like sports development. Perhaps we need Nigel and Boris to help us understand exactly how much will be spent within each of those sectors. I am sure we will also have money to re-negotiate all these trade deals, move our border guards back to the UK, print out new passports!!!

Anyhow, I will say no more on this matter, I am going to get a glass of German Beer, a slice of Spanish Ham and eat some Italian Olives before I sleep in my Danish Bed!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:  

I'm off for a good old swill of good old British Moonshine, but must say your choice sounds rather good!!

Enjoy mate. 

Up the Owls!!

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

How will it? Will goods from China be more expensive? Will goods from Indonesia be more expensive? There's a strong possibility that without the tariffs imposed by the EU on non EU goods, those goods will be cheaper not more expensive.

As for the value of the pound, the thing that drives currency fluctuations is uncertainty. That uncertainty has now gone and as always the markets will eventually drift back to normal. Just remind me, were we in the good old EU when we went through the worst recession in living memory in 2008?

As for biggest trade partner. The biggest potential trade partner is the rest of the world, which is the exact reason the government was courting China recently against all the hysterical 'Human rights' opposition. When the Steel industry looked like going to the wall a few weeks ago, did the EU step in? Did it f**k, it was a company from one of the new world economies that stepped in.

The argument about trading partners rubs both ways. They need us as much as we need them. Does anyone in their right mind think they will refuse to buy goods from us, but we will still be lining up in our thousands to buy their Mercs, BMWs, Peugeots, Fiat's etc etc.  Germany have already come forward with an interim potential trade agreement to offset any of this, which is exactly what will happen. 

The EU started off as a trading block & drifted into ever closer political union. The issue that is still the main driver though is trade and it is a fact of life that they need our trade as much as we need theirs.

People need to take a deep breath, step back & cut the hysterics. Life went on before the EU, life goes on around the world out of the EU and life will go on for us. It may take a bit of adjustment, but it is basically a fat bloated, bureaucratic, non competitive talking shop that has outlasted it's usefulness. 

Oops nearly forgot the OP. No it won't. Money talks always has. Their will be special provision made as always. 

Last I went in sainsburys I didn't see much food from China? Oh and them tariffs you speak of they are counter balanced by lucrative export agreements made because of a EU trading block, Oh and China impose bigger tariffs on imports to them. What are we going to buy these goods with? We make nothing in this country, no long term resources, no coal, oil running out or heading to Scotland, we are massively dependent on the financial services industry to make ends meet, that now will head to Frankfurt.  The EU can't step in on our privatised steel plants, even if they'd wanted to, that's a nation state issue. if you've been to the EU or worked with them like I have you would know that it isn't what you describe, but hey the Sun says so so must be true. 

Yes The world will still turn but we have just made it a lot harder for ourselves, it's you and me that will suffer not the ones you gave a bloody nose to.

To get back on track, i would say that either 1 of 2 things will happen. 

1 work permit conditions for all players from outside the uk will have to be watered down and we could see more players from non EU countries being able to be granted a work permit or

2 players who hold an EU passport will be subject to different conditions than those who dont hold an EU passport. 

I would think that option 2 would be the more likely. Also we haven't left the EU yet and probably wont do for at least another couple of years. Couple that into the fact that anybody who lives in the UK before we leave the EU would be entitled to stay here, would probably mean that there will be little effect on players coming here in the short term. Maybe even more players from the EU could sign for clubs in the UK before stricter immigration rules come in

22 minutes ago, shez owl said:

Last I went in sainsburys I didn't see much food from China? Oh and them tariffs you speak of they are counter balanced by lucrative export agreements made because of a EU trading block, Oh and China impose bigger tariffs on imports to them. What are we going to buy these goods with? We make nothing in this country, no long term resources, no coal, oil running out or heading to Scotland, we are massively dependent on the financial services industry to make ends meet, that now will head to Frankfurt.  The EU can't step in on our privatised steel plants, even if they'd wanted to, that's a nation state issue. if you've been to the EU or worked with them like I have you would know that it isn't what you describe, but hey the Sun says so so must be true. 

Yes The world will still turn but we have just made it a lot harder for ourselves, it's you and me that will suffer not the ones you gave a bloody nose to.

I shop at ALDI :sad:

My life is falling apart.

1 hour ago, shez owl said:

Like any political arguments. There are arguments both Pro & Con.

I wouldn't quite agree we make nothing in this country, i work in manufacturing, mainly in the Midlands & the North West and both economies there are booming. The automotive sector is through the roof, especially Jaguar Land Rover and is going from strength to strength. A lot of those exports are to China & the far East as well as Europe.

I agree with some of the other stuff you say, but it won't be the first time the financial sector has threatened to hold the country to ransom and move their base. 

Also all of the arguments seem to be economic, whilst ignoring factors such as self determination, sovereignty and the right to ones own laws etc etc.

You also assume the EU will continue as before but only minus Britain. It looks increasingly likely that others will follow suit and is indeed already being discussed by other major countries, weakening considerably the EUs power to dictate things in the old way.

As for the dig about the Sun. Do you automatically assume anyone who disagrees with your point of view automatically means they must read the Sun? 

Mate of my son's who's at Cambridge was distinctly unhappy at the way the democratic process had given the 'wrong' decision and reckoned the 'majority' were too stupid to have been allowed to make the decision. Your jibe about Sun readers isn't much different, especially bearing in mind the arguments were across all political parties and all newspapers. I suppose you refer to the Sun editorial coming out in favour of leaving, but the same arguments were expressed among the opposite argument across all the newspapers.

I suppose its par for the course that the ones on the losing side of any election, automatically assume the electorate got it disastrously wrong.  

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

I wouldn't quite agree we make nothing in this country, i work in manufacturing, mainly in the Midlands & the North West and both economies there are booming. The automotive sector is through the roof, especially Jaguar Land Rover and is going from strength to strength. A lot of those exports are to China & the far East as well as Europe.

I agree with some of the other stuff you say, but it won't be the first time the financial sector has threatened to hold the country to ransom and move their base. 

Also all of the arguments seem to be economic, whilst ignoring factors such as self determination, sovereignty and the right to ones own laws etc etc.

You also assume the EU will continue as before but only minus Britain. It looks increasingly likely that others will follow suit and is indeed already being discussed by other major countries, weakening considerably the EUs power to dictate things in the old way.

As for the dig about the Sun. Do you automatically assume anyone who disagrees with your point of view automatically means they must read the Sun? 

Mate of my son's who's at Cambridge was distinctly unhappy at the way the democratic process had given the 'wrong' decision and reckoned the 'majority' were too stupid to have been allowed to make the decision. Your jibe about Sun readers isn't much different, especially bearing in mind the arguments were across all political parties and all newspapers. I suppose you refer to the Sun editorial coming out in favour of leaving, but the same arguments were expressed among the opposite argument across all the newspapers.

I suppose its par for the course that the ones on the losing side of any election, automatically assume the electorate got it disastrously wrong.  

Could not have put it better myself.

12 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

As above really. I know the exit won't happen for at least a couple of years yet but I would guess this could make getting talent from abroad more difficult especially if we are in the championship. 

What opinions or facts do you lot have about this?

We are leaving EU,  not the earth for the moon,  so no! 

Edited by owls-swfc

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

the sun newspaper they have done enough to prove their worth in our society. If people read it and believe it then so be it but do t be naive to believe people don't do what it tells them! wasnt jaguar saved by European investment? As for laws and sovereignty etc, that is rubbish, we make ALL our laws, any EU laws are voted for by 'elected' representatives and applied to our existing laws and legislation as all countries have to do we have benefited more than we have lost. if you have direct experience of how the EU works you would know this.

but it's done over with, let's move on

UTO

The £ was almost at parity with the Euro a few years ago and plenty of players from the continent were signed by English clubs

Work permits might add a bit more paperwork to the process but price shouldnt come into it

Interesting to see what happens with scotland and northern ireland as regards to staying in the EU. If scotland splits from the uk and northern ireland stays then we will share 2 land borders with EU countries. So unless border control is implemented across the 2 borders ( which i highly doubt could happen ) then EU citizens will still be able to enter the rest of the UK. An agreement on the movement and working conditions for EU citizens working and living in the UK has to be agreed and i belive that workers who earn the most money whilst in the UK will probably not be affected at all