Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Regarding the rumours about Sabri from Galatasaray, i spoke with a friend of mine (a former Turkish Super League player and now a summeriser on Turkey's main subscription sports channel - 'Lig TV') on Friday night. He said that 'so far, it's just a rumour' and his own personal opinion is 'Sorry, but no chance.'

Not really anything groundbreaking I know, but I thought I'd share anyhow.

Id imagine his  wages will be big too , although you will know more about how highly the players are paid in Turkey.

Could be lazy journalism but Sandro Wagner or Darmstadt in the Bundesliga has been linked with us for 2 million regardless of what league we are in next season. Has scored 10 goals in 25 games this season and is a 6ft 4in striker.

Maybe it will depend on what league we're in next season.

Even so it's just nice for us to be linked with champions league team's captains 👍

That's pretty much what I'm thinking too mate. Can't see him wanting to come and play in the Championship, but if we get into the prem, then who knows! WAWAW UTO

Id imagine his wages will be big too , although you will know more about how highly the players are paid in Turkey.

Agreed, they all get paid pretty well at the biggest clubs, and there are special tax breaks for professional sportsmen and women; be it football, basketball or volleyball. It's a big reason many players go to the top Turkish teams; players such as Drogba, Van Persie, Snjeider, Gomez, Quaresma etc see them as huge clubs with amazing support, playing regularly in European football, as well as being able to maximise their earnings - very attractive to those kinds of players. I guess Sabri would be no different, though the lure of the epl may be an irresistible swan song for him - championship not so much

lol

We'll find out this summer

WAWAW UTO

Edited by alcock dived

We certainly seem to be in the market for a big lad up top.

And rightfully so too, We need someone to play alongside Hooper that scores goals. Nuhiu and Joao will be decent off the bench if we don't go up.

If we stay put I'd like to see us go for Knockaert & Hemed from Brighton and Snodgrass from Hull. Ulloa would also be good.

If we stay put either Brighton or Hull will be in the Prem so won't attract their better players. The other team in the Championship is unlikely  to sell to a rival for promotion as neither team is needing the cash.

If we stay put either Brighton or Hull will be in the Prem so won't attract their better players. The other team in the Championship is unlikely to sell to a rival for promotion as neither team is needing the cash.

Might be classed at not good enough. I wouldn't be interested if we went up.