Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

One I've long 'admired' but purely from a "Holy hell this guy scores and assists loads" position, I've very rarely watched the Eredivisie so haven't really got a handle on him. Took the time to watch a 10 minute highlight video after asking 'trusty' about him and, while those things are bias as anything, I've got to admit my admiration increased moreso. Would be a wonder signing I think regardless whether we got promoted or not, and I think it's safe to say 'very unlikely' is the phrase to use.

But if you don't mind regardless, I'm going to imagine our Championship team with him on the right, Forestieri on the left and the workhorses of Bannan and Lee in the centre. Will it happen? Almost certainly not... but that would absolutely destroy this division and if you don't mind the thought is making me quite erect...

Ziyech started at Sc Heerenveen, the same place a Mr Gerald Sibon played and also my 2nd team. So I've seen him play alot on streams and the Telly and he's a magnificent player to watch. He's a young lad as well and with the impact he's had in an admittedly dodgy FC Twente team it just shows how class he is. Wouldn't mind paying a record fee for him!

With our style of play, though, the Eredivisie has a lot to offer due to the speed and attacking nature of the leagueso having a good dig through it could reap benefits, Ziyech and Bilal Basaçikoglu are my personal favourites. DC might have to make his wallet a little lighter though!!!

But if you don't mind regardless, I'm going to imagine our Championship team with him on the right, Forestieri on the left and the workhorses of Bannan and Lee in the centre. Will it happen? Almost certainly not... but that would absolutely destroy this division and if you don't mind the thought is making me quite erect...

Maybe the best championship midfield of all time???

I don't claim to be massively in the knowledge of this guy but I watch quite a bit of Dutch football. He has been a main player for them for sometime now and I think he maybe the captain now

Twente have been in big financial trouble and looked like going down at one point before recovering in the second half of the season

As a gage, and I will just repeat this is my very brief knowledge, the guy that QPR signed from Groningen (Chery) cost about 2m so I would expect him to cost twice that amount. He used to link up very well with Tadic who is now at Southampton from memory and he cost about 10m

Gonna change from my phone to my PC just to plus this.

Dutch football used to be very open with loads of goals. Would it be fair to say that has dropped off a bit in recent seasons?

I would agree but not so much due to defensive improvements. If you look, many of the top scorers such as: Finnbogason, Pellé, Uth, Depay etc. Have all been shipped off as soon as they showed any quality, may take another season or two for some more top strikers to develop.

One of the reasons I absolutely adore the transfer mega thread

Not only do we get all the BS ITKers, but eventually someone mentions a name that everyone comes together over and shares admiration for... before we eventually convince ourselves that there's a small chance it'll happen. We're all hoping that Owlstalk organises the first transfer of the season just by sheer willpower alone lol

At the very least, it opens discussion for other clubs and other leagues. For instance, I had no idea Ziyech was possibly club captain, and I had no idea that Twente had financial troubles.

I would love for us to sign Ziyech... realistically I imagine his interest (certainly if we don't get promoted) is minimal, so it's a dead end. But at the very least, I'm getting to hear about something I otherwise wouldn't have done in some recent nuances of Dutch footie... and that's interesting/good enough for me  :biggrin:

Edited by StudentOwl

Guest trusty_left_peg

With our style of play, though, the Eredivisie has a lot to offer due to the speed and attacking nature of the leagueso having a good dig through it could reap benefits, Ziyech and Bilal Basaçikoglu are my personal favourites. DC might have to make his wallet a little lighter though!!!

I went to see Feyenoord in March and he was very impressive. Came on as a sub and changed the game for them, set up one of the goals and gave their fullback nightmares, they couldn't deal with him at all. Quite pacey as well.

Saw Utrecht whilst I was over there and Sebastien Haller stood out for them although he's probably going to get a big move this summer, I think Spurs and Sunderland have had him watched according to one of the fans I spoke to. Big target man striker who can score goals.

Damn right StudentOwl, but now that DC has come in and we have a bit of brass, we can dream a little more now. Sexy European football at its best!

Yes Basacikoglu is another young lad, very very pacy and has a youthful flair which we don't see enough of sometimes.

Hereenveen were an old favourite of mine for a goals bet but I know they dropped off quite a bit this season, obviously no Finnbagason or Uth anymore

All a bit of a shocker for Ajax on Sunday, especially against a team that were consigned to the relegation play offs.

The guy Younes at Ajax (might have spelt that wrong) seems a player, or will be, not as though I'm suggesting we should go for him

Yeah, it's tough watching them sometimes without them goals but they live to flog their players for any profit and abuse their academy so players Sam Larsson (surprise surprise another winger) would be a good price for a nice bit of quality.

That's the beauty of the Eredivisie, anyone can beat anyone LITERALLY!

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying things... but I've always considered that Eredivisie to be a decent place for us to buy from just because, well, almost all of them speak English! Not having a language barrier to overcome in the first few months must be a heck of an advantage. You only need to see Kodjia at Bristol who was awful for the first couple of months... not being able to speak English certainly wouldn't have helped.

There is a lot of talent in the lower reaches of Eredevisie but that often gets over looked as people don't want to look beyond Ajax and PSV (Feyenoord would have been close had they not taken a three month winter break)

My perception has been pretty much any regular first-teamer for all but the relegated teams in the Eredevisie would be good enough to play or at least be on the bench of a Championship Wednesday team. Am I about right with that? (You two are clearly way more knowledgeable about this than I am and I'm procrastinating on writing a lab report  :biggrin: )

I would much rather us scout in the so called second tier leagues of Europe (although that perception is often rubbish just because they have less money than La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga) like Portugal and Holland

Carlos loves a bit of flair and he will get that shopping in these leagues, the worry is will they cope with the physical element or not.

There is a lot of talent in the lower reaches of Eredevisie but that often gets over looked as people don't want to look beyond Ajax and PSV (Feyenoord would have been close had they not taken a three month winter break)

Dead on, these players would kill for a move to any of the big countries to get some recognition so it gives us every chanve of being able to steal a few gems! And if little guys like Bannan and FF can cope, I'm sure they'll adapt...hopefully...

My perception has been pretty much any regular first-teamer for all but the relegated teams in the Eredevisie would be good enough to play or at least be on the bench of a Championship Wednesday team. Am I about right with that? (You two are clearly way more knowledgeable about this than I am and I'm procrastinating on writing a lab report :biggrin: )

Haha I like your estimation! It's quite funny really because I tend to find that many of the defenders and goalies are truly pathetic, even near the top half of the Eredivisie BUT wingers and forwards have quite a lot of quality and relegation-threatened sides can still have a wonderkid or 2.

Plus it's got the most bonkers play off system you will ever see for the league below upto the Eredevisie. We have it simple, a semi and a final.

I'm sure I saw a team a few years ago finish 40 points off the top in the second division end up getting promoted as they struck gold for about 5-6 games at the end. Keeps it interesting though

It's completely nuts, you finish top 8 you get a chance at Europe!!! But the league is regularly close all the way from the top down and it's like being a Wednesday fan over the course of a season every week.

In fact no I take that back, Belgium is the most nuts. Read up on it if you like, it's to complicated to explain

Another league where decent players are hiding away I may add

I'll try wrap me head round it. And indeed! Need I say Youri Tielemans, Football Manager hero to name one.

Jay Rodriguez at Sourhampton will struggle to get a game, and needs games to get fit. Might be an interesting loan option early in the season.

Finally someone I've heard of after all this Erividese stuff. Great player before his injury, if he could get close to that he would rip this league apart.

Finally someone I've heard of after all this Erividese stuff. Great player before his injury, if he could get close to that he would rip this league apart.

Oh Joel, do yourself a favour and check out Hakim Ziyech on youtube, you'll start salivating as you dream the impossible dream lol

Edited by StudentOwl