Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Ashley Flynn of AFC Emley

Jamie Vardy mk2

26 year old. Scored 78 goals this season.

Amazingly, like Vardy, he played for Wednesday as a junior.

This sort of thing might be worth a punt. Not for firing us to promotion imo but stick him out on loan in L2, and if he does well, recall and send him back to L1. Same again, and he's got a space on the bench and would need to take his chance when he's proved he can do it. Same thing needs to happen with George Hirst as well.

Junior Hoilett in negotiations with QPR over extending his contract which runs out at the end of the season. Talented player.

Bruno Manga would be my ideal centre back. Might be able to get him fairly cheap from Cardiff.

Lasse Vibe could be one more player to consider.

Edited by joelswfc

Guest trusty_left_peg

Very confident that Nemanja Nikolic's medical will finally be completed.

Oh and Slagveer should be joined by Heerenveen's other winger Sam Larsson too, a menacing pair!

The player from the Eredivisie I'd like us to look at is Christian Santos at NEC. I believe he's out of contract and has no intention of resigning there, though I suspect he'll be one on the radar of some lower-end Premier League clubs.

The player from the Eredivisie I'd like us to look at is Christian Santos at NEC. I believe he's out of contract and has no intention of resigning there, though I suspect he'll be one on the radar of some lower-end Premier League clubs.

Don't think he'd be eligible for a work permit here

Guest trusty_left_peg

Don't think he'd be eligible for a work permit here

I forgot about those new restrictions. Shame, he'll probably pitch up in Spain then.

I forgot about those new restrictions. Shame, he'll probably pitch up in Spain then.

Absolutely ridiculous aren't they? Can totally see the logic behind it but it ultimately leads to weird/frankly absurd situations like that Leeds bloke we almost signed that'd been in the country about 5 years but was then essentially forcibly deported due to being unable to work here. Rudy Austin if I remember right.

Do you know much about the Eredivisie? Always been a long term admirer of Hakim Ziyech, but other than being told "He's quite good" and a 5 minute youtube video of him I know nowt more than what his Wiki page says. Too good for us? Unachievable target? Overrated? (No worries if you don't know, not expecting you to be an expert!  :biggrin: )

Guest trusty_left_peg

Absolutely ridiculous aren't they? Can totally see the logic behind it but it ultimately leads to weird/frankly absurd situations like that Leeds bloke we almost signed that'd been in the country about 5 years but was then essentially forcibly deported due to being unable to work here. Rudy Austin if I remember right.

Do you know much about the Eredivisie? Always been a long term admirer of Hakim Ziyech, but other than being told "He's quite good" and a 5 minute youtube video of him I know nowt more than what his Wiki page says. Too good for us? Unachievable target? Overrated? (No worries if you don't know, not expecting you to be an expert!  :biggrin: )

Aye, Rudy Austin. He would have been a great signing as well.

I watch some Eredivisie, went to three live games last year and keep up with it from time to time (Sky Sports 5 has it on over here) and although I haven't seen Ziyech play live, I've seen him play in a couple of games on the box and he looks a decent player, definitely Twente's standout in an otherwise poor side. It would be quite something if we got him and he would thrive over here, he would definitely do a job for some of the mid-lower end Premier League sides, although he's being touted for a move to Turkey by the looks of it. The Dutch press were a bit annoyed that he chose Morocco over them.

I like your thinking. For their standards NEC had a good season last year so he would be a nice coup.

However, I stupidly forgot the man we should be busting our bums off for. Hakim Ziyech is a truly amazing talent amd if we could nip in and steal him then it would be an absolute wonder of a signing. The best in my lifetime at least.

Do you know much about the Eredivisie? Always been a long term admirer of Hakim Ziyech, but other than being told "He's quite good" and a 5 minute youtube video of him I know nowt more than what his Wiki page says. Too good for us? Unachievable target? Overrated? (No worries if you don't know, not expecting you to be an expert! :biggrin: )

You beat me to it StudentOwl!!!

You beat me to it StudentOwl!!!

One I've long 'admired' but purely from a "Holy hell this guy scores and assists loads" position, I've very rarely watched the Eredivisie so haven't really got a handle on him. Took the time to watch a 10 minute highlight video after asking 'trusty' about him and, while those things are bias as anything, I've got to admit my admiration increased moreso. Would be a wonder signing I think regardless whether we got promoted or not, and I think it's safe to say 'very unlikely' is the phrase to use.

But if you don't mind regardless, I'm going to imagine our Championship team with him on the right, Forestieri on the left and the workhorses of Bannan and Lee in the centre. Will it happen? Almost certainly not... but that would absolutely destroy this division and if you don't mind the thought is making me quite erect...