Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I agree. we have Lee and Bannan , but no cover or competition for them . And as you rightly said with no loan market next season , should one of them get injured or suspended we would be short in that area. 

clubs are going to have to carry bigger squads next season with the new rules on short term loans. 

Agree, its gunna cpst alot to get better players than we have.

So, if Nicko has called all these right and our signings were, left back Pudil, centre back Hanley £5m, striker Fletcher FREE and midfield and winger Forshaw and Reach both loans Do people think that, that would be the sort of business that would get us an automatic?

I guess, if they all got a starting berth, we might line up something like this

Westwood

Hunt

Pudil

Lees

Hanley

Bannan

Reach

Forshaw

Fletcher

Hooper

Forestieri

Perhaps, not quite what we wanted, but none too shabby either

1 hour ago, Coyt said:

Kevin McDonald from Wolves would be a decent addition even though he's an ex pig or Cole Skuse at Ipswich 

The big problem Ipswich have, is their midfielders are so scared of the ball, they only pass back to their CBs ... Who then hoof it

Skuse is a major part of that problem

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

So, if Nicko has called all these right and our signings were, left back Pudil, centre back Hanley £5m, striker Fletcher FREE and midfield and winger Forshaw and Reach both loans Do people think that, that would be the sort of business that would get us an automatic?

No, but we would improve on what we have overall as a squad. Good additions, but would be a touch disappointed.

Guest wilyfox
2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Mixed emotions on that lot. Pudil, yes. Fletcher, yes. Reach and Forshaw on loan? Decent players...top 2 calibre? Not sure. Biggest outlay on a CB, given our defensive record these past two seasons? ..a little strange. 

Haven't seen the article. Are the loans with a view to permanent?

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Mixed emotions on that lot. Pudil, yes. Fletcher, yes. Reach and Forshaw on loan? Decent players...top 2 calibre? Not sure. Biggest outlay on a CB, given our defensive record these past two seasons? ..a little strange. 

Haven't seen the article. Are the loans with a view to permanent?

Only saw the headlines, so not sure. I know what you mean, I can't argue with any of those signings, but none are the wow signings that Nicko originally suggested. They all tie in with the Carlos quote, that it will be evolution, rather than revolution, and they address the five positions we need. Hanley, Fletcher and Reach add height, and the latter also adds pace. If this is accurate, then I think we will have improved the squad, and addressed problem areas, and all for about £6m

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I guess, if they all got a starting berth, we might line up something like this

Westwood

Hunt

Pudil

Lees

Hanley

Bannan

Reach

Forshaw

Fletcher

Hooper

Forestieri

Perhaps, not quite what we wanted, but none too shabby either

Reach played left wing and left back all last season. So could he and Fernando play in the same side?

So Nixon thinks we're not gonna go for it this summer or go for top two and we're gonna spend more on defence than attack? Nixon doesn't seem very clued up at all and probably knows as little about DC and CC's transfer activity as we do. Naff all. In fact, Newcastle are in the running to get Hanley and stand more chance of signing him. And if we're going to challenge top two then its midfield and attack that need addressing and where money needs to be spent in order to compete with the likes of the relegated sides and Derby.