Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

49 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

oh for god sake, not again

Cost Palace 900 K in 2014. Scored 4 goals in 31 appearances. Will be 29 in September. Would Palace take less, would we want him?

Huddersfield lad so fairly local. Can't say I remember much about him over last few years. In CC and DC I trust.

Guest wilyfox

I like Oliveira, but he's shown no consistency in his career. Even Carlos remarked how he was expected to emerge but never really did. Would he fire us to top 2? Have my doubts. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

I like Oliveira, but he's shown no consistency in his career. Even Carlos remarked how he was expected to emerge but never really did. Would he fire us to top 2? Have my doubts. 

Every player comes with a degree of doubt the more you pay less the doubt in the 2-3 million bracket he his as good as anyone out there 

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Every player comes with a degree of doubt the more you pay less the doubt in the 2-3 million bracket he his as good as anyone out there 

Is another centre-forward in the 2-3mil bracket likely to improve us enough for top 2? That has to be the question for each player we recruit; will they make enough of a difference? Burnley and Boro needed a certain calibre of striker, they signed Gray and Rhodes. Hull had a 10mil centre-forward leading the line for them. I'd still take Fletcher over Oliveira all day long. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Is another centre-forward in the 2-3mil bracket likely to improve us enough for top 2? That has to be the question for each player we recruit; will they make enough of a difference? Burnley and Boro needed a certain calibre of striker, they signed Gray and Rhodes. Hull had a 10mil centre-forward leading the line for them. I'd still take Fletcher over Oliveira all day long. 

Very hard to  debate really we don't really know what's in the transfer pot or what the budgets likely to be

Guest wilyfox
Just now, bladeshater said:

Very hard to  debate really we don't really know what's in the transfer pot or what the budgets likely to be

True, but Fletcher is soon to be unattached. He's worth pushing the boat out on wages. At this level, I'd expect his quality to show. If he were still under contract, Fletcher would cost millions - as he has before, 12 and 6.5. 

Other news:

Norwich look set to lose Redmond, he's having a medical at Southampton but the fee is supposed to be around £11M :duntmatter: That's what 6 goals and 2 assists in the Prem last season costs. Norwich have some real assets still, Brady must be worth a fortune at this level too. 

Leeds apparently scared off by Kemar Roofe asking price. 

Oliver Norwood linked with Hull move. 

Huddersfield sign Elias Kachunga, young German striker from Ingolstadt. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Guest wilyfox

Campbell has been content to sit on his arse at Palace, declining loan opportunities. He's not a motivated footballer these days. There was a time when he showed much promise, but a succession of injuries held him back. Now, he's a Franny Jeffers slowly drifting into obscurity. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

True, but Fletcher is soon to be unattached. He's worth pushing the boat out on wages. At this level, I'd expect his quality to show. If he were still under contract, Fletcher would cost millions - as he has before, 12 and 6.5. 

Who would consider for a wide option I'm sure that's a position we're looking at

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Campbell has been content to sit on his arse at Palace, declining loan opportunities. He's not a motivated footballer these days. There was a time when he showed much promise, but a succession of injuries held him back. Now, he's a Franny Jeffers slowly drifting into obscurity. 

Hope we don't go for him then :(