Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If you look at Ince's stats/contribution for the 18months he's been there, pretty useful. Maybe Derby fans are just looking for whom to blame for not going up yet. 

Maybe so. Every club seems to have a scapegoat or pantomime villain. Ours appears to be Nuhiu whom I actually think plays a part in the squad.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The more I think about it, Reach could be a decent signing. A hungry young left winger, fast, but with good dribbling skills, would imagine he'd be aware of his defensive duties as well, with him able to play full back. At 6-1, he also adds a bit of much needed height when defending set plays. He'd probably challenge Wallace, also a left winger, for a place on the right.

Been talking yourself into that all day, I bet. lol

i wouldn't get too excited, not if Boro aren't keen on letting him out.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

Maybe so. Every club seems to have a scapegoat or pantomime villain. Ours appears to be Nuhiu whom I actually think plays a part in the squad.

I wouldn't go that far. lol

Ince delivers in the final third where expected. Atdhe, well, he's in the final third...eventually. 

29 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Been talking yourself into that all day, I bet. lol

i wouldn't get too excited, not if Boro aren't keen on letting him out.

Not getting too excited, it's all hypothetical at the moment. Anyway, you know I'm a hard man to please, but all five of Nicko's tips make sense. At least they all fit the bill of what I think we need, or more importantly, what Carlos thinks we need. I'd have liked an enforcer in the middle of the park, but like you, I suspect Carlos won't go that route

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Not getting too excited, it's all hypothetical at the moment. Anyway, you know I'm a hard man to please, but all five of Nicko's tips make sense. At least they all fit the bill of what I think we need, or more importantly, what Carlos thinks we need. I'd have liked an enforcer in the middle of the park, but like you, I suspect Carlos won't go that route

They're all decent and justifiable. Although, making a CB our biggest spend frustrates me a bit. I always feel that sort of money is best spent further up the pitch on match-winners - especially when our CBs are already strong. 

28 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

They're all decent and justifiable. Although, making a CB our biggest spend frustrates me a bit. I always feel that sort of money is best spent further up the pitch on match-winners - especially when our CBs are already strong. 

They're a good pairing for sure, but maybe with our small midfield, Carlos feels we need at least one centre back who is dominant in the air. I know what you mean about spending the money further forward, but how much would we have to pay for a championship equivalent of Fletcher? I can go with it because, although Fletcher isn't my cup of tea, he will be decent at this level. I'd rather us take him for "nothing", than pay £8m for someone we'd need to upgrade on if we go up.

Heard from a mate earlier who told me about "2 portuguese lads", describing Joao and Matias to a tee just before each signed. He reckons than none of these 5 mentioned are either close or on the cards at all. He reckons that, the way things are going at the minute, first 2 signings will be underwhelming but some of the names we've been pursuing are midtable premier standard. His words. Having a bit of difficulty getting them to middlewood to talk terms. He wouldnt, or couldnt, go into any further detail. 

2 minutes ago, halesowenowl said:

Heard from a mate earlier who told me about "2 portuguese lads", describing Joao and Matias to a tee just before each signed. He reckons than none of these 5 mentioned are either close or on the cards at all. He reckons that, the way things are going at the minute, first 2 signings will be underwhelming but some of the names we've been pursuing are midtable premier standard. His words. Having a bit of difficulty getting them to middlewood to talk terms. He wouldnt, or couldnt, go into any further detail. 

lol 

4 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Meh solid enough but could do better 

Fletcher has 53 goals in 189 Prem appearances, and has never had to drop from their to the Championship. That's a better pedigree than Fessi, Bannan and Hooper, and they have been out of this world signings at our current level.

1 hour ago, Babushka1867 said:

Orchestrating the fans after a good result hardly papers over the incredibly poor finishing he consistently displays. Talks the talk, but does not walk the walk.

Nice guy, not promotion play-off material.

Fletcher would be a handful in this division. If wages were right, it's a no brainer for me. A strong centre midfielder who can play would be ideal but may be tough to find. The spine of the side needs strengthening. Loovens should ideally be a bit part player next season.