Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean, you try and be funny, but when you google his name the first result that comes up is the footballer

In fact, nowhere on the first three pages of google is there a reference to the person you're saying. Is it even a real person? Are you trying to be funny? I don't know any more, I'm just surprised your post didn't mention 4-4-2 with Bannan and Lee in the middle lol

god I just googled it and was dissapointed to find the footballer :duntmatter:

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

And if those five came in to replace five say, Dielna, Lachman, Vermijl, Bus and Lavery, then nobody could say we hadn't strengthened the squad

If you look at players we used a few times that are now not here, we currently need to replace pudil (or ideally re-sign him), Lopez and sasso/turner. If those 5 you listed were let go and nobody brought in, we wouldn't be any worse off as they barely played.

Lopez needs to be replaced by a different type of player. Someone like huddlestone, bit of size and capable of pushing play forward. 

We could run a much leaner squad overall than we did last year, which should free up some wages.

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

And if those five came in to replace five say, Dielna, Lachman, Vermijl, Bus and Lavery, then nobody could say we hadn't strengthened the squad

Double post. Ffs neil sort this bloody site out

Edited by Hawkeye
Double post

8 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Works brilliantly, really hoping we do that again.

Yes, got to agree with that. DC and CC really hit on a great way forward last year. Some loaners worked, others didn't. Keep the former, get rid of the latter.

And any system that gets you Hooper for 3 million is pretty damned successful.

23 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

Tends to inflate the price if it goes well though

Clubs can always agree a fee for a permanent transfer at the start of any loan deal though, can't they?

I'm not sure how many of these agreements are in place which don't get leaked to the press, but you occasionally hear of them. I don't know if that was the case with Hooper and Hunt, for instance?

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Don't forget, the emergency loan system's gone this season so we not only need quality players, but numerous good back up lads too.

Plus , not sure Newcastle finding as easy as they thought - early last week Benitez said 4 quality signings, on Friday Euro Championship stopping these so maybe they are struggling a bit. And hopefully, Townsend and their couple of other quality players will leave.  

Top 2 for us means 4 really good first team players.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

I bet duffys valuation as gone up by 2 million 

Tiz ok, dropped back down again.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

That's what you get listening to Roy Keane 

And for trying to look like Mark Beevers' twin..

image.jpg

Guys, it might be that as the new site settles down, large threads are playing havoc with the running of it.  Once you hit reply, just check that it is saving and then wait for the site to finish doing whatever it's doing before repeatedly hitting reply again to try and force it through.  All that's happening is you're multi-posting and probably slowing the site down a bit more.  Patience!

Guest wilyfox

Which is why Blackburn's form in recent years has been so baffling. Duffy and Hanley at the back, Cairney in the middle, Marshall and Conway on the wings, Rhodes and Gestede up top. Still nowhere near. Always felt Bowyer didn't achieve nearly enough with that group at his disposal. 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Big Malc said:

Guys, it might be that as the new site settles down, large threads are playing havoc with the running of it.  Once you hit reply, just check that it is saving and then wait for the site to finish doing whatever it's doing before repeatedly hitting reply again to try and force it through.  All that's happening is you're multi-posting and probably slowing the site down a bit more.  Patience!

Gi' old site back!