Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Babushka1867 said:

Only CC really knows that. Still think we will see a few surprises this Summer.

Why is CC the only one who can see we already have players of his type and ability? We have Lee and Bannan. It's a job to squeeze them both in at times. Why would we need Williams too?

55 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

The more I watch Jonny Williams the more I think he fits into a CC type player. Obviously his stock will have risen a little this tournament.

I was thinking exactly the same watching him today 

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Why is CC the only one who can see we already have players of his type and ability? We have Lee and Bannan. It's a job to squeeze them both in at times. Why would we need Williams too?

He's the only one who knows what he wants and what system he wants to play but why seems to like this kind of player and we won't be able to use the loan market to bring in short term players and therefore when you look at our current midfield options the cupboard is a little bare as I don't rate McGugan in a CC set-up. I definitely think we still need a dominant CM in front of the back four. 

4 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

He's the only one who knows what he wants and what system he wants to play but why seems to like this kind of player and we won't be able to use the loan market to bring in short term players and therefore when you look at our current midfield options the cupboard is a little bare as I don't rate McGugan in a CC set-up. I definitely think we still need a dominant CM in front of the back four. 

I agree. we have Lee and Bannan , but no cover or competition for them . And as you rightly said with no loan market next season , should one of them get injured or suspended we would be short in that area. 

clubs are going to have to carry bigger squads next season with the new rules on short term loans. 

Whilst I think the playoff final identified some weaknesses. I'm not sure CC will focus on them too much.

id like us to bring in more strength, height and pace but we have to be careful we don't dilute that blend we got right last season. Going for more of the same or similar wouldn't surprise me because I think Carlos is the kind of guy has an idea or philosophy and sticks to it.

53 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Whilst I think the playoff final identified some weaknesses. I'm not sure CC will focus on them too much.

id like us to bring in more strength, height and pace but we have to be careful we don't dilute that blend we got right last season. Going for more of the same or similar wouldn't surprise me because I think Carlos is the kind of guy has an idea or philosophy and sticks to it.

Possibly, but he changed his philosophy after half a dozen games last season, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he changed again

7 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

We've overtaken Celtic as favourites to sign Steven Fletcher in the last 24 hours, but probably just means people have been betting on it which as reduced the odds

I'd love it if we could somehow sign Fletcher. He'd add so much to our attacking threat.

56 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Possibly, but he changed his philosophy after half a dozen games last season, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he changed again

He changed a formation, but not his idea regarding the type of player and style of play that much 

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He changed a formation, but not his idea regarding the type of player and style of play that much 

Thats true, but that may change if he has Melo, or someone similar at his disposal

6 minutes ago, Feelthepayne said:

Renato Sanches in midfield for portugal tonight is the kind of player we need

and hes only 18 believe it or not

way out of our league though

Yeah unfortunately we've missed the boat on that one he's just signed for Bayern for 35 million euros!

I I like the look of Iniesta of Spain but I fear he's out of our league too 

lol

Edited by Southie_Owl

7 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

probably coz he signed for Bayern for 30 million lol

9 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yeah unfortunately we've missed the boat on that one he's just signed for Bayern for 35 million euros!

I I like the look of Iniesta of Spain but I fear he's out of our league too 

lol

Come on Carlos we're behind, sort it out ffs :manager: