Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Last season we finished 6th about 15 points short we have to improve this season on last no room sentiment if we sign someone like guidiera it would put us nearer to where we need to be

Not being sentimental Simply think Bannan and Lee are comfortably our best pairing, and good enough to get us promoted if played week in week out.

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not being sentimental Simply think Bannan and Lee are comfortably our best pairing, and good enough to get us promoted if played week in week out.

Think we need a better option if we are really after automatics 

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

As part of a midfield two I agree with you

As two thirds of a three... perhaps good enough

what are you doing here. Iceland havent gone home yet so surely you should still be in Gundmundssons bathroom

In a 4-4-2 against better teams sadly Bannan and Lee is not a good enough midfield paring. It would be against weaker teams.

However, in a 4-3-3, those two and another hardman would be absolutely fantastic and should be good enough for top 2. Bannan/Lee/Gueduiora for example.

33 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

In a 4-4-2 against better teams sadly Bannan and Lee is not a good enough midfield paring. It would be against weaker teams.

However, in a 4-3-3, those two and another hardman would be absolutely fantastic and should be good enough for top 2. Bannan/Lee/Gueduiora for example.

Yes

To get the best striker we possibly can it will cost £10 million. Whether it is McCormack, Gayle or Rhodes it will be that much.

That is why personally I would like to see us get Oliviera or Steven Fletcher and spend the mega bucks on the midfield and wings. Hoops/Oliviera/Joao/Fletcher will all score if they get the service. 

34 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

To get the best striker we possibly can it will cost £10 million. Whether it is McCormack, Gayle or Rhodes it will be that much.

That is why personally I would like to see us get Oliviera or Steven Fletcher and spend the mega bucks on the midfield and wings. Hoops/Oliviera/Joao/Fletcher will all score if they get the service. 

I agree we need another wing option, but in a 4-3-3 system, they'd probably only be used as an impact sub

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

good player, my only concern is its another midget/gnome player, we tend to get bullied by the more physical teams. Carries on this way it'll by like watching Ken Dodd's Diddymen at this rate.

tell me you wouldn't pay to see that though

3 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

good player, my only concern is its another midget/gnome player, we tend to get bullied by the more physical teams. Carries on this way it'll by like watching Ken Dodd's Diddymen at this rate.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

No different to what we have 

I agree that he's similar in stature to Bannan and Lee but if CC pays 3 in midfield which a large number say is his preferred option then to be able to pick from Bannan, Lee and Williams for the 2 busier roles would work for me (with a ball-winner behind). We need to swell the numbers in a few positions this Summer as we don't have an emergency loan system to fall on which as a club we have used heavily the past few seasons. Williams has Championship experience too which is what's needed to hit the ground running next season and keep our momentum going.