Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Newcastle and Norwich will walk the League. They'll be out of our reach, especially Newcastle. But we should compete with the other challengers, quite comfortably.

I still hope we'll bring in Guedioura and McCormack or similar to have a real go at top 2. My belief is that DC will go for it after last season. With one or two big signings.

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Newcastle and Norwich will walk the League. They'll be out of our "reach", especially Newcastle. But we should compete with the other challengers, quite comfortably.

I still hope we'll bring in Guedioura and McCormack or similar to have a real go at top 2. My belief is that DC will go for it after last season. With one or two big signings.

I like what you did there... Pun of the day.

6 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Ince has been tripe at Derby.

Only seen Reach in the games against us but he looks a quality player to me. Very good touch , good movement and seemed to work hard.

The kind of intelligent player Carlos likes

I wouldn't call 12 goals and 7 assists from a winger 'tripe'.  

We're being linked with players who have championship experience and some of these players happen to have international experience. Reach and Forshaw just happen to have experience of a championship set-up that is now is in the premier league.

Not the eye-catching targets we may have expected but targets that should keep us at least at the level we currently are. Their's a lot of talk about challenging the top two but with big hitters that have come down from the prem and the already established contenders it's going to be very difficult to finish there in there. I think sensible recruitment is the way forward. DC looks to have the money to invest but at the same time has a touch of the Mandaric's about him in the sense that he won't pay over the odds. This policy will attract both critiscism and respect from the fanbase but as long as you can get the balance right and recruit well, it'll be well received by the majority.

As I've posted before our recruitment last season as key to the season we had and it was money in the main that was well spent. I would expect similar this time around?

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We're being linked with players who have championship experience and some of these players happen to have international experience. Reach and Forshaw just happen to have experience of a championship set-up that is now is in the premier league.

Not the eye-catching targets we may have expected but targets that should keep us at least at the level we currently are. Their's a lot of talk about challenging the top two but with big hitters that have come down from the prem and the already established contenders it's going to be very difficult to finish there in there. I think sensible recruitment is the way forward. DC looks to have the money to invest but at the same time has a touch of the Mandaric's about him in the sense that he won't pay over the odds. This policy will attract both critiscism and respect from the fanbase but as long as you can get the balance right and recruit well, it'll be well received by the majority.

As I've posted before our recruitment last season as key to the season we had and it was money in the main that was well spent. I would expect similar this time around?

I agree that we'll probably sign a few players that leave some fans underwhelmed, but that doesn't necessarily mean we won't be challenging for the top two. Cast your mind back to Bannan's arrival - many on here were questioning the logic in signing him and some saw him as a backup player at best.

With a full season in English football under his belt, I'm sure Carlos will have identified players who he thinks can come in, improve our squad, and fit into the style he wants us to play. Sometimes a player clicks with a certain managers's footballing philosophy, and sometimes a manager spots the opportunity to use a player in a particular system which others haven't tried. Just because Reach and Forshaw may not be the biggest names in Championship football isn't to say they wouldn't potentially be great signings for us, and if Carlos wants them (I'll take anything reported in The Sun with a pinch of salt) then I assume it's because he has a clear idea of how they can push us higher up the league table.

From what I've seen, Reach is decent, but nothing special. Would be a step up from Helan and also address the issue of having to put FF or Bannan on the left I suppose.

Is Forshaw as good or better than Lopez? Not for me.

Seem more like steady signings than having a go at the top 2 tbh. But I trust Carlos knows what he's doing, if indeed this is even true.

Isn't Reach predominantly a left-sided winger? I'd have thought with FF, we arguably need a good (fast) right-winger? Callum McManaman (still only 25) is reportedly available for around £3m and would give us something completely different to what we currently have (though I see in the link below, Derby are already interested!)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-rumour-derby-retain-11524280

55 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If it's big names we're after, we should be looking at Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Kévin Théophile-Catherine.

More of a Ricky Van Wolfswinkel fan myself mate 

Edited by Bluesteel

Just now, Holmowl said:

Not sure a female tennis player from Belarus is an upgrade on what we have.

I mean, you try and be funny, but when you google his name the first result that comes up is the footballer

In fact, nowhere on the first three pages of google is there a reference to the person you're saying. Is it even a real person? Are you trying to be funny? I don't know any more, I'm just surprised your post didn't mention 4-4-2 with Bannan and Lee in the middle lol