Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Who would consider for a wide option I'm sure that's a position we're looking at

Matt Phillips, Callum McManaman, or Ryan Fraser. That'd be my wish list. Any of those would add. Suspect Phillips is prem/WBA-bound though. 

Moussa Dembele from Fulham's contract runs out in 5 days time. 17 Championship goals last season for a 19 year old is fantastic. Celtic most interested apparently but he's been linked with Chelsea, Juventus and a whole host of clubs. Apparently you can pick him up for as little as 250k. :duntmatter: I'd LOVE him here but it's perhaps unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Matt Phillips, Callum McManaman, or Ryan Fraser. That'd be my wish list. Any of those would add. Suspect Phillips is prem/WBA-bound though. 

Ryan Fraser is a good call, great age 22, lightning pace and has shown he can do it at this level with 6 goals and 6 assists in 21 games last season on loan at Ipswich. Bournemouth would consider an offer I imagine. 

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Moussa Dembele from Fulham's contract runs out in 5 days time. 17 Championship goals last season for a 19 year old is fantastic. Celtic most interested apparently but he's been linked with Chelsea, Juventus and a whole host of clubs. Apparently you can pick him up for as little as 250k. :duntmatter: I'd LOVE him here but it's perhaps unrealistic. 

Would cost millions in compensation 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Ryan Fraser is a good call, great age 22, lightning pace and has shown he can do it at this level with 6 goals and 6 assists in 21 games last season on loan at Ipswich. Bournemouth would consider an offer I imagine. 

Depends. If Matt Ritchie does get poached, Bournemouth may see Fraser as his ready-made replacement. Certainly a player I'd welcome though; real talent. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Depends. If Matt Ritchie does get poached, Bournemouth may see Fraser as his ready-made replacement. Certainly a player I'd welcome though; real talent. 

Is there a rumour about Ritchie? He wasn't always first choice last season so I'd be surprised if bigger clubs came in for, maybe one of the promoted ones. I really rate him and would love him here.

I'm not sure about a winger, are we going to play with two wingers? If so, and one of them is Forestieri, we probably need a winger who is going to tuck in and bolster the midfield, especially if that midfield is Bannan and Lee. I guess we need to see what Carlos has planned for that midfield area. Currently, I favour three in the middle, with the full backs providing the width. Seems to be the way of things at the Euros

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, shez owl said:

Is there a rumour about Ritchie? He wasn't always first choice last season so I'd be surprised if bigger clubs came in for, maybe one of the promoted ones. I really rate him and would love him here.

There on about 8 million for him and to remain in premiership 

4 minutes ago, shez owl said:

Dunno but West Ham made a £21M double bid for him and Wilson recently so I reckon he could be off. 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I'm not sure about a winger, are we going to play with two wingers? If so, and one of them is Forestieri, we probably need a winger who is going to tuck in and bolster the midfield, especially if that midfield is Bannan and Lee. I guess we need to see what Carlos has planned for that midfield area. Currently, I favour three in the middle, with the full backs providing the width. Seems to be the way of things at the Euros

We need quality competition for Wallace something we lacked last season 

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, shez owl said:

There was speculation about a sizeable bid from West Ham. Don't know if there was any substance to that.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I'm not sure about a winger, are we going to play with two wingers? If so, and one of them is Forestieri, we probably a winger who is going to tuck in and bolster the midfield, especially if that midfield is Bannan and Lee. I guess we need to see what Carlos has planned for that midfield area. Currently, I favour three in the middle, with the full backs providing the width. Seems to be the way of things at the Euros

Our need for a winger looks apparent, to me. McGeady gone, Sougou and Helan not good enough. After initial flirtation with 4-3-3 at the start of last season, Carlos has since favoured a trusty 4-4-2. Unless we sign full-backs like Jordi Alba, we can't rely upon them totally for attacking width. Most full-backs at this level aren't good enough for that. 

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Someone on. Previous page mentioned Nathaniel Chalobah at Napoli. 

I think he would be a great signing. Young box to box player with plenty of upturn and resale value of needed. 

Not or sure if he was a first team regular at Napoli. 

He was on loan at Napoli from Chelsea.

i think Chelsea would sell if they got a decent offer. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

There was speculation about a sizeable bid from West Ham. Don't know if there was any substance to that.

Our need for a winger looks apparent, to me. McGeady gone, Sougou and Helan not good enough. After initial flirtation with 4-3-3 at the start of last season, Carlos has since favoured a trusty 4-4-2. Unless we sign full-backs like Jordi Alba, we can't rely upon them totally for attacking width. Most full-backs at this level aren't good enough for that. 

No we need one, it's just which type. Do we want a flyer with pace who can catch teams on the break, or do we want an industrious type who can tuck in and support, what is a pretty lightweight midfield pairing

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No we need one, it's just which type. Do we want a flyer with pace who can catch teams on the break, or do we want an industrious type who can tuck in and support, what is a pretty lightweight midfield pairing

I doubt very much Banann and Lee will be our regular midfield pairing. It certainly wasn't last season.

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We have plenty of the latter kind already.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Fraser would be ideal for us

However, prior to his loan spell at Ipswich, Bournemouth signed Fraser to a long term contract. 

So he could still be in their long term plans