New ground v redevelopment ?

Develop every time. Hillsborough isn't too bad compared to other teams that have moved to horrible bowls like Derby, Wigan, Middlesbrough, Sunderland. The world cup development was awesome, we'd then have a ground like Villa.

Hillsborough is an old lady with limited facilities by todays standards

I would be surprised if Chansari isn't thinking long term right now and deciding whether it's worth spending a lot of money on the ground or moving.

If the right site is found I would favour a move. Sad but just look at the many new grounds there are with modern facilities, that's what we need moving forwards

As the foundation for the Kop is basically an earth bank (see old photos) I would doubt clearing out the back to create proper concourse(s) would be possible without major stabilisation work.

The kop with a cantilever roof and no support stanchions would still be a wonderful stand.

As an older supporter I well remember the fine view from high on the old uncovered kop terracing (on a fine day)

What really needs to be improved are the toilets and the general apearance of the walkways behind and around the kop. There is much that can be done there to improve facilities.

I think some of the earth bank could be cleared and walled off to make space at least.

I guess if the likes of West Ham and Liverpool can move to new soulless stadiums, then we shouldn't be immune.

I can't imagine the state I would be in at the end of my final ever visit to Hillsborough if it did happen. So many memories , boy and man, son and father.

I think some West Ham fans feel that it is the end of their club and the start of a new one with their move, and I can see where they are coming from.

Sometimes change is inevitable, but for me Sheffield Wednesday is Hillsborough and one club would end and another start if we moved.

I guess if the likes of West Ham and Liverpool can move to new soulless stadiums, then we shouldn't be immune.

I can't imagine the state I would be in at the end of my final ever visit to Hillsborough if it did happen. So many memories , boy and man, son and father.

I think some West Ham fans feel that it is the end of their club and the start of a new one with their move, and I can see where they are coming from.

Sometimes change is inevitable, but for me Sheffield Wednesday is Hillsborough and one club would end and another start if we moved.

Whereabouts are Liverpool moving to?

The Lane end and the Kop need to be completely rebuilt to provide the modern facilities that we are going to need.

The World Cup plans are good enough for the North.

There is plenty of space on our existing site to provide a thoroughly modern stadium and everything that goes with it.

lol How many times have you been to watch West Ham in a sell out 60,000 Olympic Stadium? There are plenty of fair arguments to make for or against a move or redevelopment without needing to brand grounds that haven't even been used yet 'Soulless'.

not sure if CC and the Leicester chairman are mates. Guess there might be a bit of rivalry if they are re their new stadium etc.

Bit like when i visit my posh mates in south Sheffield compared to where i live near Hillsboro  :biggrin:

We've got to let go of the past. We're a big club that has won virtually nothing since World War 1.

We need a modern, fit for purpose stadium and not one that has (100 year old?) foundations, underpinnings, is built on a river bed and floods.

We have NOT always played in a suburb of Sheffield with poor connectivity to the City Centre.

We need to let go of the past and move on! Think of it as the fit bird at school you once went out with who is now fat, minging and lives on the Manor alone with 5 kids to 3 different dads. What a let off, eh?

The fit, toned John Lewis perfume/lingerie department assistant - with the perfect teeth and size 8, busty body - AWAITS YOU!

YOUR CHOICE.

lol

Edited by maidstoneowl

This is starting to get on my Bristols!!

There's loads of room around the ground for everything we want. Even build shops bars parking etc over the river. Not hard

Everything people want can be done at S6. Damn sight easier to make big fancy concourses at the back of the cant than to build a new ground miles away. Parking and transport are fine. Tell me of any 30k + ground in the country with better. There isnt one. Tell me any away ground where you don't have to walk 15 mins. There isn't one. Who gives two fuckks about corporate bollockss apart from the financial side??

There's loads of room around the ground for everything we want. Even build shops bars parking etc over the river. Not hard

Everything people want can be done at S6. Damn sight easier to make big fancy concourses at the back of the cant than to build a new ground miles away. Parking and transport are fine. Tell me of any 30k + ground in the country with better. There isnt one. Tell me any away ground where you don't have to walk 15 mins. There isn't one. Who gives two fuckks about corporate bollockss apart from the financial side??

I think you'll find Chansiri might, for one.

Possibly.

People spout this nonsense all the time mate while forgetting Hillsborough is totally soulless 90% of the time.

Nail on the head, it's one of the worst stadiums in the football league for "atmosphere".  We can only do it at a "special game" (Wycombe / Arsenal / Cardiff).

End of.

Possibly.

Nail on the head, it's one of the worst stadiums in the football league for "atmosphere". We can only do it at a "special game" (Wycombe / Arsenal / Cardiff).

End of.

Well if we are in the Premier there will be an awful lot more special games!

What he said.

Plus with regard to transport the railway line still goes through Wadsley Bridge and there could be a case for reopening the station for match days/ weekends. Might even be an environmental case for it too as a commuter line to Stocksbridge.

What he said.

Plus with regard to transport the railway line still goes through Wadsley Bridge and there could be a case for reopening the station for match days/ weekends. Might even be an environmental case for it too as a commuter line to Stocksbridge.

It's too far for the lazy feckers to walk. 

Possibly.

That's my point- not our problem. He may disagree but from our pov, it is no concern

Nail on the head, it's one of the worst stadiums in the football league for "atmosphere". We can only do it at a "special game" (Wycombe / Arsenal / Cardiff).

End of.

For the attention of Neville of Lodge Moor,

I have noticed:

Just when anyone has anything interesting to say or uses words of more than one

syllable you become all confused and defensive.

You act like a complete boor (look it up if you no kapische).

I bet you are fun to sit next to at a game.

Leppings Lane is made for you Neville!

Cheer up and stop being a miserable cynic,

because witty and intelligent you ain't.

Dave the Rave.