New ground v redevelopment ?

I've been an occasionally vocal voice on here regarding moving when it's come up.

It would always be with a heavy heart, but sometimes you need to consider the bigger picture of the modern game.

Friday was a good example of that. Hillsborough was electric and beautiful. It's an atmosphere I've personally never experienced either at Hillsborough or elsewhere at more modern stadia. I don't see how anyone who went on Friday could say "we have to move" based on that. It was spine tingling, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say almost unique - not just to Hillsborough but to old stadiums in general. Slaven Billic said as much following West Ham's farewell to Upton Park last week, and that he doesn't expect the Olympic Stadium to provide anything like the same thing. Ever.

But it also hit home the realities of the West Stand. It needs pulling down, and it needs doing as a priority. Putting aside ANYTHING relating to the disaster, at best the West Stand and NW corner are an eye sore, the worst part of the ground in terms of facilities and a continual lost source of revenue for big match days (which we hope will become a fortnightly occurrence soon and not just a twice a season one).

That entire end of the ground needs a rethink. It needs replacing with something modern that allows us to provide up to standard facilities, and that allows us to better control segregation and positioning of away allocations so that we can fill it.

That definitely isn't true.

Any planning application for out of centre retail development must demonstrate it cannot be located on a preferable site and its impact on allocated centres. A new foodstore is unlikely to be built on the car park site because Sainsbury's has recently opened and another supermarket or retail for other goods is not supported by national and local policy. The city council recently refused Planning Permission (and lost on appeal) for more floorspace at Kilner Way - 1 minute from the ground.

Any idea which company is opening opposite netto. They have been fitting it out for what seems like ages now.

I couldn't believe how bad the lower lep was.

LSO, could you explain what you mean by that. It's a genuine question, I've never been in the Leps so have no idea what its like or what the facilities are like. What was so bad about it?

I couldn't believe how bad the lower lep was.

LSO, could you explain what you mean by that. It's a genuine question, I've never been in the Leps so have no idea what its like or what the facilities are like. What was so bad about it?

I was in there for the Wycombe game. The atmosphere is so depressing it was like watching football from a Soviet toilet, and can only imagine its not got better 4 years later.