New ground v redevelopment ?

For the attention of Neville of Lodge Moor,

I have noticed:

Just when anyone has anything interesting to say or uses words of more than one

syllable you become all confused and defensive.

You act like a complete boor (look it up if you no kapische).

I bet you are fun to sit next to at a game.

Leppings Lane is made for you Neville!

Cheer up and stop being a miserable cynic,

because witty and intelligent you ain't.

Dave the Rave.

Please refrain for abusing posters thank you

We've got to let go of the past. We're a big club that has won virtually nothing since World War 1.

We need a modern, fit for purpose stadium and not one that has (100 year old?) foundations, underpinnings, is built on a river bed and floods.

We have NOT always played in a suburb of Sheffield with poor connectivity to the City Centre.

We need to let go of the past and move on! Think of it as the fit bird at school you once went out with who is now fat, minging and lives on the Manor alone with 5 kids to 3 different dads. What a let off, eh?

The fit, toned John Lewis perfume/lingerie department assistant - with the perfect teeth and size 8, busty body - AWAITS YOU!

YOUR CHOICE.

lol

What colour is her hair?

What he said.

Plus with regard to transport the railway line still goes through Wadsley Bridge and there could be a case for reopening the station for match days/ weekends. Might even be an environmental case for it too as a commuter line to Stocksbridge.

Its a single line that runs up to Stocksbridge ,plus all the stations ( Oughtibridge and Deepcar ) have gone . It would be  very expensive to return it to a twin line and build new stations .

Also its only used for the steel shunter running up to  Fox`s nowadays ,so the line and signalling isnt up to scratch for commuter trains.  

Its a single line that runs up to Stocksbridge ,plus all the stations ( Oughtibridge and Deepcar ) have gone . It would be very expensive to return it to a twin line and build new stations .

Also its only used for the steel shunter running up to Fox`s nowadays ,so the line and signalling isnt up to scratch for commuter trains.

Which just goes to show how short sighted Beeching's cuts were.

Guest Grez Bez

Beechings cuts were the worse thing to happen to Britain's economy in recent history

Crazy how every town is now complaining about public transport limitation when the railways were built and demolished (in zone cases)!

Edited by Grez Bez

This is starting to get on my Bristols!!

There's loads of room around the ground for everything we want. Even build shops bars parking etc over the river. Not hard

Everything people want can be done at S6. Damn sight easier to make big fancy concourses at the back of the cant than to build a new ground miles away. Parking and transport are fine. Tell me of any 30k + ground in the country with better. There isnt one. Tell me any away ground where you don't have to walk 15 mins. There isn't one. Who gives two fuckks about corporate bollockss apart from the financial side??

A planning application for a new ground these days would probably try to emphasise how little parking there was and how awkward it was to get by car to satisfy the tree huggers.

Do you know what, I know that the location is not ideal and a total relocation could offer so much, BUT, for me it would take so much away as well.

I would imagine we don't need full scale change any time soon, pick a stand, probably the away end - do that first Get it up to scratch even if it is a full demolition, then a few years later do the kop and make use of the wasteland behind it. Maybe 5 years later do the cantilever - each time pushing better infrastructure in and build it in such a way that each stand looks like it was designed to sit next to the other.

An established SWFC in the Premier could achieve so much in its current location - putting football busses back on, maybe put the rail link back on to the city which would because of the cost only happen if we had Premier money behind an SWFC backed scheme.

A couple of large car parks built 10 minutes walk away would make a massive difference and the land exists to do it.

It all costs, and i'm not sure the decision isn't already made to move long term - but I personally am a sentimental bugger and love that ground. It would hurt me taking my son to another ground that my dad didn't take me to.

This about sums it for me.

Redevelop but do it properly. This absolutely rules out the World Cup plans which were basically just tarting the entire ground up at once and on the cheap. A sticking plaster.

Take a stand at a time and do it properly even if it costs a little more in the long run. Make sure the design of each stand has one eye on the overall design plan with the South Stand as the centre piece. Leppings Lane first, then Kop.

this

Do the West stand - totally flatten and build a proper, big stand-alone stand which is flexible enough. Put minimum umber of away fans somewhere for a year.

Then do the Kop, using the West as out 'kop' for a year. Eventually, redo the facilities of the North

As I said, loads of room around the ground for bars and shops and cafes if we try hard enough

Isn't Mr C in the development / building trade? I'm sure he would be able to call on his contacts for any work. For me I don't think Hillsborough has enough space for what people want from the stadium, put that together with the running costs and this could force Mr C,s hand. He may think it would be better to move and build a self sufficient stadium, which would pay for itself.

Isn't Mr C in the development / building trade? I'm sure he would be able to call on his contacts for any work. For me I don't think Hillsborough has enough space for what people want from the stadium, put that together with the running costs and this could force Mr C,s hand. He may think it would be better to move and build a self sufficient stadium, which would pay for itself.

He may think...lets get to the Prem first and spend some of the millions to establish us there THEN should we ever get into Europe look at expanding...whether that is at Hillsborough or somewhere new

This about sums it for me.

Redevelop but do it properly. This absolutely rules out the World Cup plans which were basically just tarting the entire ground up at once and on the cheap. A sticking plaster.

Take a stand at a time and do it properly even if it costs a little more in the long run. Make sure the design of each stand has one eye on the overall design plan with the South Stand as the centre piece. Leppings Lane first, then Kop.

This.

I love the South Stand, has a great mix of the traditional and the modern. An imaginative architect could take that theme and run with it

Do you know what, I know that the location is not ideal and a total relocation could offer so much, BUT, for me it would take so much away as well.

I would imagine we don't need full scale change any time soon, pick a stand, probably the away end - do that first    Get it up to scratch even if it is a full demolition, then a few years later do the kop and make use of the wasteland behind it.   Maybe 5 years later do the cantilever - each time pushing better infrastructure in and build it in such a way that each stand looks like it was designed to sit next to the other.   

An established SWFC in the Premier could achieve so much in its current location - putting football busses back on, maybe put the rail link back on to the city which would because of the cost only happen if we had Premier money behind an SWFC backed scheme.    

A couple of large car parks built 10 minutes walk away would make a massive difference and the land exists to do it.

It all costs, and i'm not sure the decision isn't already made to move long term - but I personally am a sentimental bugger and love that ground.   It would hurt me taking my son to another ground that my dad didn't take me to.

Pretty much nailed it there my friend.

There is tons of room at Hillsborough, For example a proper new West Stand there would be loads of room for proper concourses and additional facilities on two different levels of a 12,000 capacity stand. Same applies for the Kop and the North.

Edited by Utah Owl

Huge area of land been cleared at the bottom of rutland road opposite wickes. Dont know if anythings been earmarked for the land but would be an ideal location for a new stadium. Still in the heart of the city, not far from where our spiritual home is, good transport links, and if we made it to the prem would generate huge interest in the local student population, a lot who live in and around that area and a lot are asian where premiership football is fastly becoming huge and could add to our fanbase

Huge area of land been cleared at the bottom of rutland road opposite wickes. Dont know if anythings been earmarked for the land but would be an ideal location for a new stadium. Still in the heart of the city, not far from where our spiritual home is, good transport links, and if we made it to the prem would generate huge interest in the local student population, a lot who live in and around that area and a lot are asian where premiership football is fastly becoming huge and could add to our fanbase

would they not go if we remain at Hillsborough?

most of that is earmarked for housing. Trendy area of Sheff at the mo

Maybe, maybe not. The point is that if it was built there it would be visible and within easy walking distance from where a lot of students live. would be a huge propoganda coup if the new stadium was in that location

I would not be happy to move stadium so that it's easy for foreign students to get to the match!

most of that is earmarked for housing. Trendy area of Sheff at the mo

Yeah wasnt sure. I know more land further in toward kelham island has been earmarked for housing aswell as the area up the side of netherthorpe road. Old cannon brewery could probably be developed but might mean buying up 1 or 2 of the other disused factorys around there. Would probably mean having to build straight over 1 or 2 roads too

I would not be happy to move stadium so that it's easy for foreign students to get to the match!

Seem as though we have an asian owner and growing popularity of the premier league in that region of the world i think it would be silly to not try and entice some of the 1000's who are currently residing in the city