New ground v redevelopment ?

Hasn't Mr C gone on record to say Hillsborough is our home and will be while he owns the club. Sure it came up at a forum when he was asked about naming rights for the stadium.

Yes I think he did and renovating it would be the likely option should we go up.

But if the numbers don't stack up or its not feasible at a reasonable budget a move wouldn't be out of the question.

He's a business man bottom line and that will be the deciding factor.

i can't believe people are suggesting changing our grounds name because of the disaster

Did Germany change their name after the war?

Stupid idea

No we changed it for them. East Germany and West Germany 🖒

A few things keep popping up on this thread -

Parking is better at Hillsborough than most grounds and no idea how anybody takes 1 hour to get away??? I'm in Audenshaw, Manchester by 6 if I have to take young straight home.

Room to develop there's flipping loads round Hillsborough just need to plan it out well, Villa have built over the road for God sake.

No room for extra turnstiles at West Stand end, wtf gives anybody that idea?

Redevelopment needs to be minimum -

North extra exit & extend the concourse area.

Kop remove posts and extend plus cover the concourse areas.

West Stand knockdown & build new.

Loads of room left under stands to have facilities which will increase non match day revenue.

I think the stadium definitely needs updating and i'd prefer that option. 

6ft 5" and the seats were at the bottom of the kop were very uncomfortable on Saturday!

Rail seating is the answer. I think we will see some in England soon but Hillsborough is probably pretty far down the list of where it will be introduced!!

50k maybe but no more than that or it'll be way to big for us

Would need to be a very well established Prem team (at least 8-10 consecutive seasons) to even consider a 50,000 seater otherwise we will look very very silly playing in our massive stadium with 21,000 fans in it.

Would need to be a very well established Prem team (at least 8-10 consecutive seasons) to even consider a 50,000 seater otherwise we will look very very silly playing in our massive stadium with 21,000 fans in it.

That's what I'm saying we already look daft on normal matchdays

50k maybe but no more than that or it'll be way to big for us

Even allowing for Prem teams with large followings of 7-8k , that would still be too big for our needs. 

45k is enough 

People thinking we might need 50k

lol

You are right but a lot can change if you establish yourself in Prem.

West Ham averaged 27,000 in 2005. Were supposed to be moving to Olympic Stafium with 55,000 capacity but sold so many season tickets they are already increasing capacity to 60k.

As the foundation for the Kop is basically an earth bank (see old photos) I would doubt clearing out the back to create proper concourse(s) would be possible without major stabilisation work.

The kop with a cantilever roof and no support stanchions would still be a wonderful stand.

As an older supporter I well remember the fine view from high on the old uncovered kop terracing (on a fine day)

What really needs to be improved are the toilets and the general apearance of the walkways behind and around the kop. There is much that can be done there to improve facilities.