Carlos off in the summer?

He's no different to any other manager. He has no real loyalty to us and we have no real loyalty to him - if he was making a hash of things he'd be out of the door faster than you can say "Jack Robinson". History (based upon every professional football club) tells us that there's more chance of us sacking him then him leaving us. Let's just sit back, enjoy the ride with him and not worry about things that may not happen.

I seem to remember DC saying very early in the campaign that there would be a review of CC's position at the end of it?

If he's only on a one year contract then obviously there is room for manoeuvre on both sides. If we finish in the top 6 I expect CC to be offered a new contract, if we don't DC might decide to look elsewhere?

FWIW I'd like to see CC stay regardless of where we finish but his coaching history suggests he won't be here for the long term.

I've said for months now that I don't think he'll be here longer than this season regardless of whether we are promoted or not, I honestly don't think he thought he'd have been here this long or imagined that his spell as coach would be so exciting and possibly successful, he's come to Hillsborough and used the same ethos and footballing blueprint he has at each of the clubs he's coached and for some strange reason it has been, whether that be the players he's working with or the way the English game is played it's proving more of a success here than with his previous clubs around Europe, the fact his family havn't moved over with him is a concern for me, I can't see him being here in the Summer .

Guest The Horse

Managers have the life spans of butterflies these days.
Can't blame him for looking out for himself. As others have said, a poor start to next season and he'll be looking down the barrel.
But my faith is in the strong and mostly silent Mr Chansiri to do the right thing for us no matter what.
We thought losing Gray would be bad but look how that turned out.

Only thing that I don't agree with here is making this public at such a crucial stage of the season.
Very odd. Unless he's pushing for a fat contract...

He could be bigging himself up to force Chansiri to offer a better contract

I'd hate to see him leave, but he's put us back on the map

We've a better profile now, and even though I love King Carlos, Chansiri is the most important man at the club

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We've a better profile now, and even though I love King Carlos, Chansiri is the most important man at the club

This ^

Bang on for me, especially the last 9 words of the last sentence !

I guess this article was originally in Portugese? The message could have been lost in translation or he could have been misquoted after being asked a question about it.

Either way it's a bit silly to jump to conclusions or get on his case about it unless he does actually leave us.

I guess this article was originally in Portugese? The message could have been lost in translation or he could have been misquoted after being asked a question about it.

Either way it's a bit silly to jump to conclusions or get on his case about it unless he does actually leave us.

The original article is here.

Edited by mirodo

We'll see what the future holds , if we can come up with Sheffield , if there will be invitation of the First League team [ English ] , because already there are zunzuns . The expectation is to stay in England. I'm not worried about going to big clubs or get large contracts . my coming here had nothing to do with money. by the way , could have taken advantage of other more advantageous opportunities in Turkey or the United Arab Emirates " , he took the coach.

Let's see what the future holds for us, if we can come up with the Sheffield, if there will be a team from the invitation I League [England], because there is already a rumor. The expectation is to stay in England. I'm not worried about going to big clubs or get big contracts. My coming here had nothing to do with the money. In fact, could have taken other opportunities more advantageous, in Turkey or the United Arab Emirates ", took over the coach.

Take your pick from a pair of shoddy auto translations.

That's what I'm hoping it is, that he's talking this way to get a better deal here. I agree with everything else you say, Chansiri is by far the most important man at the club at the end of the day.

What's the manager situation at Swansea? Because looking at the other clubs that are likely to still be in the prem I can't see any of them coming in for him to be honest.

Didn't Swansea appoint someone only until the end of the season and was going to review it in the summer?

Going to be interest in him, he's done an amazing job. But, if he gets a better offer then I'm sure mr c will have something lined up, and we are a far more attractive proposition now than we were a year ago.