Carlos off in the summer?

Am I the only one who would be slightly surprised if he was getting offers from premiership clubs? Don't get me wrong I think he's doing a fantastic job and want to see him stay. But looking at it objectively its his first season in English football so he's not proved he can do it on consistent basis. If you look at what we have actually achieved we've moved from a mid table club to playoff contenders by spending a fair amount of money on proven championship players. A solid and impressive achievement but enough to entice top level job offers? I'm not so sure. If he gets us up or he turns us into automatic contenders next season that would be different and I'm sure he will be in demand. I think he'll still be here next season.

Yes, you're probably the only one.

The fact that Newcastle hired Steve McLaren after he imploded at Derby shows you anything is possible.

Carlos has us playing good football and we've been one of the most consistent teams in the division after the first 6-7 games. We also stuff Arsenal and beat Newcastle away. I'd be amazed if people aren't looking at him to be honest.

Players managers leave, fans will always be there, can't stop anybody from leaving, there will always be someone else.

Timing of the article ain't ideal but wats dones done.

If he gets us up great, if not, c thi!

I gave up long ago worrying wat managers and players do, you can't stop it so why worry.

Just don't get why someone would be out of a management job for 3 years, Wednesday come knocking, then all of a sudden other clubs are knocking at his door.

Maybe he had other offers in that 3 year period that didn't interest him.

How long is CC contracted for?

I'm trying to imagine which Premier clubs would be most likely to be interested if he didn't achieve promotion.

Swansea maybe he would suit their style of play, but they could equally be interested in bringing back Brendan Rogers who did a good job for them IF they do decide a change of manager is needed.

Crystal Palace have fared badly over the second half of the season.

Maybe Newcastle would be interested if they get relegated and Benitez leaves but that would mean another season in the Championship for CC and I'm not sure they would have sufficient pull to lure him.

Wasn't he supposed to take over a rubbish Portuguese club before he came to us? sure that was the case at the time

Yes, I believe it was agreed that he would take over a mid-table Portuguese Division One Club but as soon as Wednesday made a move the Portuguese club started looking elsewhere.

Everybody picking crap prem sides out in their minds to which he'll go to.

The better sides tend to be doing good and therefore are less likely to change their manager. Everton maybe an exception.

I don't think there will be any crap Premier sides next year, just that some are better than others. Every team in the Premier League will be catapulted into the worlds top 30 richest football clubs as a result of the new deal!

I can't see any club bigger than us in the Premiership that would actually attract him...he would leave, maybe for a London club but how will he cycle? Although his family might prefer London for shopping.

...see...it's about quality of life innit as well as the club. Now, who's going to get him up and into the Peaks so he falls in love with not just the club and fans? The family can have day trips to London in a smart hotel. Much better than living there...ref to 'House Price Thread'  lol