Carlos off in the summer?

Thing is we should all trust in DC. I don't know if this is lost in translation, a fabrication, speculation or someone just stirring the pot. But one thing I'm sure about is that DC is incredibly ambitious, astute and learns very fast about how to run a football club.

DC will ensure the decisions are made to ensure we have a well prepared pre season and recruitment to give us the best possible season (next). This may be with CC, someone else or more than one person. Maybe this decision has already been made ready for implementation or at the very least he has a contingency plan ready for events such as these.

I really do think we have ended up with a gem of a Chairman/Owner who will progress our club.

cant be bothered to read all this but having read the opening post think about the context here, its an interview done in his homeland where they are understandably going to be obsessed with the Premiership as the main focus of football over here and so angle the story about one of there own countymen having chances to manage in it.

Had he gone to a Serie B club in Italy and had same season weve had the interview would have been talking about him going on to manage in Serie A with a Juventus or Roma etc

= Meaningless interview

Some tainted opinions here.

Look in his position he wants to test himself in the premiership, made no secrets about that. If he got Swansea offer pre season and we didn't go up who would begrudge him his chance? I wouldn't he has put us in a stronger position. Don't see ambition as a bad thing.

I do hope we do fulfill his ambitions and we go up though of course.

Probably went into too much detail in the interview if the comments are actually his.

The way football is now, every one looks over their shoulder ever week - we should have learned from times gone by that we aren't at the head of the food chain.

Even McCarthy has had to answer questions about links to Villa - he responded by saying its flattering from such a big club. Bet Ipswich fans were dead chuffed.

You seem very confident in that statement. Do you have some inside information? It may prove to be but when there's quotes it's generally got legs.

No inside info mate just my own opinion. Seems to be the case that every time there's an international break these articles come out of the woodwork!!! Trust in DC and CC.

Nobody is bigger then the club. If he goes and is using us as a stepping stone, he's done a good job and laid a foundation. No loyalty in football is a cliche, but it's true and it works both ways.

Thank him and move on if/when he goes

As much as I love Carlos and want him to stay, I agree with this. Our future can be very bright with or without him

Just to add that the calibre of manager who'd be interested in us would be higher than ever, thanks to Chansiri and Carlos

Yeah with the full pre-season, the squad and owner we have, not forgettkng how well we've done this season. It's a good job for alot of managers.

Some tainted opinions here.

Look in his position he wants to test himself in the premiership, made no secrets about that. If he got Swansea offer pre season and we didn't go up who would begrudge him his chance? I wouldn't he has put us in a stronger position. Don't see ambition as a bad thing.

I do hope we do fulfill his ambitions and we go up though of course.

if he walked out on us, id begrudge him!

Going on his record at other clubs before he came here, I'd be very surprised if he was still here in August regardless of how the season finishes.

I really like Carlos and think he's doing a great job but he doesn't hang around at clubs and if he ups and leaves in the Summer, it won't be completely out of the blue.

If he does leave however, our much improved league season, the backing DC has given the manager financially and the fact that we'll either be in the Premier League OR one of the favourites to go up, we shouldn't have any problems attracting a decent replacement.

Point is we've got good players, it's not like he's got last seasons squad to 5th in the league

Well if you think that any coach could do the same job then that's naive. The guy is clearly a good coach and man manager,he is done far more than most of us imagined. I along with most was saying Carlos who? when he was appointed. To assemble a squad in such a short time, to spot the right players and get them performing as we have been is incredible. We are lucky to have him and if he continues like this he will coach higher up the chain.Good coaches are not too a penny.

Agreed. Can't believe SWFC allowed this to be published

And how exactly do Sheffield Wednesday stop that being published? They have no control over the UK media let alone the Portugese media.

Let's take it with a pinch of salt; no reporter is well-known for their honest journalism. His comments could have been taken out of context or it could be bad translation. Let's enjoy the football and the rest of the season and see what happens when the time comes.

I for one though would love for him to stay.

Carlos had not managed a team for 3 years until he came to us. Why was there no offers if he was regarded so good, i find that strange.

Teams managed 1998–2000 Espinho 2000 Freamunde 2000–2001 Aves 2001–2002 Leixões 2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal 2004–2005 Belenenses 2006 Braga 2006–2007 Beira-Mar 2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal 2008 Asteras Tripoli 2009 Marítimo 2009–2010 Sporting CP 2011–2012 Beşiktaş 2012 İstanbul BB 2015– Sheffield Wednesday

Carlos had not managed a team for 3 years until he came to us. Why was there no offers if he was regarded so good, i find that strange.

Teams managed 1998–2000 Espinho 2000 Freamunde 2000–2001 Aves 2001–2002 Leixões 2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal 2004–2005 Belenenses 2006 Braga 2006–2007 Beira-Mar 2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal 2008 Asteras Tripoli 2009 Marítimo 2009–2010 Sporting CP 2011–2012 Beşiktaş 2012 İstanbul BB 2015– Sheffield Wednesday

How do you know there where no offers ?