Nottingham Forest vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

zrq9Mhm.png         bazZuUl.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

It was the late 1960’s and Nottingham housewife, Shirley Clout was on her way home. She had been having a quiet drink in the pub with friends after work when suddenly there was a flash of intense white light. Temporarily blinded, Shirley lost her way, ending up in the car park behind the chippy.

Regaining her vision, she noticed two space aliens approaching. One of them said; “Alright Shirley, do you fancy a threesome?” She told us later; “They were definitely aliens, how else would they know my name? Also, they were wearing Notts County tops to blend in with the humans.”

roaC4KK.png

She quickly agreed to a scuttle and after a thorough probing, they were giving her the space sex. “I feel like I was chosen as an intergalactic sex ambassador for humanity” she said, “when they were finished, they wandered off back to their spaceship, singing County songs and drinking their alien refreshments which were disguised as cans of Tennant’s Super T”.

Still dazed after arriving home, she decided not to say anything to her husband, Brian. As the weeks went by, her figure changed rapidly. She was pregnant with a space alien baby! Shirley still said nothing and Brian just assumed that he was responsible.

Nine months later, it was time to visit the maternity ward. Brian came along too, excited at the prospect of seeing the strapping young lad who would one day take over his business selling garden sheds. Shirley went into labour and after about an hour of grunting and swearing the child popped out … then another and another… eventually, there were twelve in total. They were green and they all had four legs!

Confused but feeling every bit the proud father, Brian left the hospital and went to get very, very drunk on the 16 bottles of brown ale that he had at home in the sideboard. The next day was a complete blackout but late on, he remembered that he now had a family to take care of. He was up early the next morning and went to see his wife.

As Brian entered the room, the first thing he noticed was that the babies had all grown quite a bit and were already scrambling about on the floor. Spotting a small ball on the windowsill, he rolled it into their midst. The babies pounced on it and were soon demonstrating considerable dribbling and shooting skills.

GTZp7Mc.png

Brian decided there and then that he would form a football team and that’s how we come to be playing them today.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: City Ground, Nottingham.
Kick Off: Saturday the 12th of March at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt.

Matchday Pub: The Squire of Preston recommends The Trent Navigation pub at 17 Meadow Ln, Nottingham NG23HS - not just for your 16 pints, the landlady will also have her lovely Matchday Baps out if you fancy a couple. Probobobobobobobobobobobarbly.

Matchday Pie: Puckered.

Matchday Song: Space Bass by Slick…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Nottingham Forest hope Benfica loan striker Nelson Oliveira will shake off a groin injury sustained in midweek. Oliver Burke may play with a cast on a broken hand but he, Jamie Ward (afraid of José Semedo) and Henri Lansbury are all doubts.

Wednesday striker Fernando Forestieri is available after serving a two-game ban and could be in line for a recall. Head coach Carlos Carvalhal has no new selection worries after his six changes at Brighton, with a host of players pushing for recalls.

KJzij7t.pngHead to Head V1LHByE.png

â–ª Nottingham Forest have not failed to score in three consecutive matches against the Owls since August 1968.

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday have won back to back games against Forest - they've not won three in a row since December 1998.

â–ª Forest have netted just three goals in their past seven league games after scoring 10 in the seven previous to that.

â–ª Wednesday are on their longest scoreless run in the league (three games) since November 2014 - a fourth would be their longest run without scoring since a run of six in December 2009.

â–ª Since a 13-game unbeaten run in the Championship between November 2015 and February 2016, Forest have lost four of their past five games (W1). 

0DvrXEO.png

My prediction: We will win 2 - 0.

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“I don’t feel any change between now and three months ago, we are all the time focused on the next game. In this case we are focused on the Nottingham Forest, everybody is showing in training that they want to play. All of the players show that we are ready, all of the players believe that they can play on Saturday.

fybxUsh.jpg

The big pressure they have is only to themselves, if they will play or not. When you have this kind of pressure on yourself you don’t think too much about the environment and a lot of things because you must think about doing the maximum to play.”

MINTYNESS

With the full energy!

Lp3KNam.gif

Edited by pauli

Excellent thread Pauli. I'll get around to reading it shortly.

Looking forward to tomorrow's big match. No, not the Forest game, my fishing match at Partridge Lakes near Warrington.

I've cast a spell to jinx the teams around us so Wednesday should catch up more points at the top tomorrow

Nuhiu hat trick nailed on

Guest minsk owl

Scuttle :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Back to winning ways today,  Hooper and Forestieri ,  a late bottom corner free kick by McGugan from County's ground being disallowed because the wall moved.        2 - 0 Wednesday 

post-38035-0-79809300-1457741891.gif

Edited by minsk owl

Evening gents.  

Brilliant Pauli.   :laugh:

Time to get back to winning ways.  This is the perfect game to do it..  Forestieri coming back into the side will get us flowing again, so I'm going for  2-0 Wednesday, Forestieri with the goals. 

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Just woke up at a hotel at Gatwick prior to a stupid o'clock flight to Colombia and Panama. Mornings on matchday start with reading the thread. Normally nearer 11am.

Excellent again.

Not heard "scuttling" for years. Usually on the full phrase "back scuttling". Has a ring to it. May introduce it into conversation today as in "Forest have had a right scuttling today"

Feeling good about today.

2-0 FF and Kieran Lee.

Time to wake up Mrs Manor and introduce her to scuttling.