How bad is Jack Hunt

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm not 'playing games'; just trying to have a discussion, which was prompted by your question in the other thread.

You claimed 'everyone slated him'; I've tried to point out why I don't think that's the case.

If you disagree, let's just move on without the histrionics. 

For me, the more interesting / relevant discussion is whether we think Hunt would be a good signing for Wednesday in our current context. For me, he would.

Apology accepted mate 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is exactly my point and why I won't accept anyone trying to tell me it never happened

Who said it never happened?

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is exactly my point and why I won't accept anyone trying to tell me it never happened

He's another of those players half the fans think he's rubbish half think he's about ok. I was in the latter category, but don't see any point signing him at 30 tbh.

Hunt was decent when he was with us before. Better than Palmer going forward but not great defensively. I don't think he will have improved since he left us, hence being released by Bristol City. 

What strikes me about this thread is a) the failure to acknowledge we are now a Div 1 team, b) the Owlstalk hate of Palmer who is not a world beater but will be a decent player at Div 1 level. I am not bothered either way about Hunt, I am going to trust Moore on this one. Hunt doesn't really fit the profile of player we are looking to sign though does he?

2 hours ago, Paul.. said:

He's another of those players half the fans think he's rubbish half think he's about ok 

And then five years later everyone will tell you 'nah nobody ever said he was a bad player' and expect you to just say 'oh ok' and believe them

lol

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, September65 said:

Hunt was decent when he was with us before. Better than Palmer going forward but not great defensively. I don't think he will have improved since he left us, hence being released by Bristol City. 

What strikes me about this thread is a) the failure to acknowledge we are now a Div 1 team, b) the Owlstalk hate of Palmer who is not a world beater but will be a decent player at Div 1 level. I am not bothered either way about Hunt, I am going to trust Moore on this one. Hunt doesn't really fit the profile of player we are looking to sign though does he?

It wouldn’t surprise me if some of our senior players are sold tbh, so one or two experienced ones in alongside the young players we’ve signed may be needed

Suppose it depends who the club think they can get. If we can’t get another suitable left back but can sign Hunt, we might be better off with Palmer moving across to LB as a solution

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And then five years later everyone will tell you 'nah nobody ever said he was a bad player' and expect you to just say 'oh ok' and believe them

lol

Where has anyone ever said 'nah nobody ever said he was a bad player?'.

In the other thread a few people were saying he'd be a decent signing, to which you said 'everyone used to slate him' to which they replied 'well personally I never slated him'. Pretty reasonable I'd say. 

You're doing that whole 'owlstalk is bi polar' thing when there are differing opinions from different people. 

If I forget the fact he ever played for us and just looked at the fact we might sign on a free the player from Bristol, as long as the wage was cheap enough I’d be happy to have him here. He not past it and can play on the right of midfield at a push as well. Useful player to have as cover/ on the bench over a long season. If we are bringing youth players through a few older heads around isn’t a bad thing. He’s 30 and hasn’t been injury prone so should have a couple of years left in him. 
The fact he was here before shouldn’t really factor in to things (and probably don’t for Moore) but it’s no bad thing in some sense as at least Hunt will know what it’s like here. 
My main surprise is he’s linked to an L1 club. I’d have thought a club in the Championship would sign him up on a free.