How bad is Jack Hunt

New scapegoat?

How bad was Carlos...... Discuss.

I think considering the Turner goal was a goal that FF should never have been sent off twice and the blatant pen against QPR....I think the way he handled his post match interview was admirable. I would have been raging about officals

Pillock.

FFS ! - He is currently a Wednesday player !

Giving all this carp on here will not help any player improve but may well kill any confidence they have..

I so hope (and am sure they do) that Wednesdays management team read these threads but equally I also hope non of our players do...

There's probably quite a few right backs we've had over the last 15 - 20 years that are far worst, FFS get a grip...

On 05/03/2016 at 19:40, StudentOwl said:

Not very.

End of discussion

On 05/03/2016 at 19:41, lee81 said:

No worse than pudil today

On 05/03/2016 at 19:41, BenOwl1867 said:

Why? Surely you think he is a improvement on Palmer?

On 05/03/2016 at 19:52, Bluesteel said:

He's a good player, but I'd like to see more of his marauding runs forward. That's always been his strength but has seemed more reserved with them

On 05/03/2016 at 19:54, WalthamOwl said:

Not great but not crap. Somewhere between the 2.

On 05/03/2016 at 19:56, TrickyTrev said:

Good going forward but terrible defensively.

On 05/03/2016 at 19:59, harris111 said:

Not bad but not great either. Pudil had possibly his worst game in a Wednesday shirt today. Maybe Bannan did too.

Not gonna be bitter about it, was just one of those days. We could've been playing until midnight and we probably wouldn't have scored

On 05/03/2016 at 20:06, marconi said:

Covered plenty of ground up and down the pitch. Took a heavy knock in the first half.

Thought he had a good game TBF

On 05/03/2016 at 20:07, FlyingOwl said:

Two cracking runs today. One near miss, one got a free kick right on edge of the area.

Took a big knock early on.

His definitely not a bad player and young enough to improve.

People should remember that this is the most he's played in a few years.

On 05/03/2016 at 20:16, BurncrossOwl99 said:

Looked a lot worse when he came off. One of the only players providing width.

On 05/03/2016 at 21:43, Owl in Nottingham said:

He's OK 

On 05/03/2016 at 21:45, Paul.. said:

The better of a very bad bunch today, took a very bad knock but was desperate to stay on which is huge credit to him, was arguing with the medical team that he could continue and came back on and did fairly well (in the context of a pretty abysmal team performance).

On 05/03/2016 at 22:13, NYCOWL said:

Not that bad

On 05/03/2016 at 23:48, BRADDO said:

Average right back

On 06/03/2016 at 00:15, TomtheOwl95 said:

He did ok bearing in mind he played most of the game with a knock. By no means our worst player today.

EVERYONE SLATED JACK HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

537515937_Panic2.gif.46dbb8a245672ac6252dac5db987ad8e.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No you're right

The endless threads slating him are definitely just a made up figment of imagination

As I said, it doesn't have to be one extreme or the other - some slated him at times, no doubt. I can't think of many players who've escaped that treatment on here over the years.

But not 'everyone' slated him, and there were plenty of positive comments made about him during his time here, as well.

I don't understand why you're making this into a discussion about Owlstalk posters rather than the prospective signing of Jack Hunt?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is exactly my point and why I won't accept anyone trying to tell me it never happened

I've not seen anyone trying to tell you it never happened, just trying to point out that saying 'everyone slated him' is inaccurate.

He got a fair bit of praise, too.

But again, why we're discussing this rather than what we think about this prospective signing, I'm really not sure.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ah right we're playing THOSE games too are we?

*bangs head on desK*

I'm not 'playing games'; just trying to have a discussion, which was prompted by your question in the other thread.

You claimed 'everyone slated him'; I've tried to point out why I don't think that's the case.

If you disagree, let's just move on without the histrionics. 

For me, the more interesting / relevant discussion is whether we think Hunt would be a good signing for Wednesday in our current context. For me, he would.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which is exactly my point and why I won't accept anyone trying to tell me it never happened

To be fair it's when you posted "When he was here last time everyone slated him" that some are disagreeing with.

As with most players we get options ranging from he's rank to he's a good player. Clearly that's still the case with Hunt.

• Like 3