Do our fans understand modern football?

I didn't hear any moaning or complaining at all, I must sit in the intellectual section.

But people moaning on here that we didn't go flat out in the second half - do you actually watch football regularly? It happens a lot when a team has a healthy half time lead, most teams in that position take it easy and play safe after the break.

Why don't any intellectuals complain or moan? That seems rather stupid considering some things in this world need complaining about in order to encourage radical change... bloody intellectuals.

Well all young uns know everything there is to know about football...maybe you should point your anger at the old guy at Leicester he seems to know naff all about the modern game, the way he has them playing is illegal WTF:

Sitting deep and counter attacking, with Vardy & Marez ... Instead of Maguire & Maghoma  :stuwinky:

I think we have a higher percentage of thick fans than most. Or atleast generally a very uncultured fanbase. The bizarre loyalty towards Megson, despite the horrendous football played under him, the love affair with Semedo despite him not being good enough and the almost allergic reaction some of our fans have watching us pass the ball around. It's usually our middle aged fans that seem to get more pleasure watching a crunching tackle, than they do some good build up play that leads to a goal.

Must admit it doesn't bother me when we are winning comfortably it makes perfect sense to hold the ball. I think most of the moaners just want entertaining for 90 mins, nothing wrong with that. But you can bet your life when we are 1-0 up with 10 mins left in the play off final every Wednesday fan will be screaming hold the ball, tek it in corner etc.

Edit. Not Play Off Final. Last match of season to go auto. 

Some guy near me shouted summat to the effect of ''Bloody crap Wednesday gerrit forward'' ..... 5 seconds later Lucas banged in our fourth, not really sure what some people want, bit mental some of our fans.

I don't think they understand the game,they think they do... but they don't 

I think we have a higher percentage of thick fans than most. Or atleast generally a very uncultured fanbase. The bizarre loyalty towards Megson, despite the horrendous football played under him, the love affair with Semedo despite him not being good enough and the almost allergic reaction some of our fans have watching us pass the ball around. It's usually our middle aged fans that seem to get more pleasure watching a crunching tackle, than they do some good build up play that leads to a goal.

depends on how you want to see the game played .my favourite side off all time was wilkinson,s promotion team who played a high tempo get the ball forward and bully the opposition style of play ......the priority for all our fans is to see us win just because people have different views on how they want us to achieve that doesnt mean they are thick ...

I hope the extended highlights show the whole build up for the third goal.  We worked it very patiently for a minute or so, with players opting to pass backwards to retain possession because they judged the more probing options weren't going to work.  Then suddenly we were in.

About halfway through this sequence one of our local halfwits, maybe row 44/5 of the North, went off on a "FS, Wednesday, these are useless" rant.  

And similar moaning just before the fourth.

Strange strange people. 

depends on how you want to see the game played .my favourite side off all time was wilkinson,s promotion team who played a high tempo get the ball forward and bully the opposition style of play ......the priority for all our fans is to see us win just because people have different views on how they want us to achieve that doesnt mean they are thick ...

The games moved on though. I don't think beggars can be choosers either. When you win 4-0, watching the best team we've had in 15 years then you simply can't be unhappy. If you're not going to be happy unless you're watching an old school get up and at 'em team, then you're probably going to not enjoy much. This is what I worry about with our fans though, its ok when we're unbeaten at home in 15 games, in the play-offs looking towards automatic, but you just know as soon as we go through an inevitable sticky patch they'll be fans booing the players for passing and demanding Megson back to 'sort it out'

I am an old goat, a thicko by your description, it really wee wees ne off to see our defenders trying to play their way out of Defense when the oppo forwards are pressing them in our penalty area, this has cost us a lot of goals this season, the most recent were Tommy Lees and the Dutch bloke, both caught in possession in our area to concede important goals.

That is not professional I don't care what any one says.

Professional performance yes, ran the game without risking anything, true. But that second half was boring. If we want more fans to pay over 30 quid every week then it's not the way to go about it. If we miss the auto spot on goal difference then we'll look back to this second half. With a 3 goal lead, 1 extra man and 45 minutes left to play to only come away with one more goal is poor.

Despite a great win today, still plenty of people shouting and complaining about the way we played. Here's the thing though... it was textbook possession play against 10 men. We got the goals and made them chase around for it. It was patient football, good to watch and highly effective.

Some of the criticism was ridiculous, maybe it was just around me, but it struck me that some of our fans simply do not understand modern football. They have become so used to the hoofball drivel that we have had to put up with for the last 15 years that they have forgotten that playing it around the back and waiting for the right opening to attack is the best way to play the game, especially against 10 men.

Oh and also, to those who left with 5 minutes to go...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Missed another great goal. lol

Serves you right (unless you had a genuine reason to go)

That's somewhat arrogant. You understand modern football, but those around you, with their own opinions, which just happen to differ from yours, obviously don't understand the game. Have you ever thought that they understand the game, but you don't? People have different opinions, and opinions are just that, opinions, not facts. The concensus on the coach home yesterday was that we were less than impressive in the second half, but if you think we played really well after half time that's fine, doesn't mean we understand more about the game than you do, or vice versa. Just opinions.

just behind me on Kop

Stop flipping about with it and gerrit forward - yada yada yada

2 seconds later Joao is smacking it in the net. 

We have the most fickle fans on occasion!!

Today we played with our Heads and worked brentford into the floor, without them ever really troubling us. The main problem was we were 3-0 up at half time and our deluded idiots think we should have won 12-0

so he was correct then, as soon as we got it forward we scored...result...  :tango: