Do our fans understand modern football?

I reckon Barca aren't that good a passing team..Its pressing that Barca do...like having 11 Bannans...chase the other side to making a mistake..like Beagles after a fox...

Admittedly Messi scores a few decent goals, but they are sorta mainly hopeful punts..he's not like Lee or owt..

Real Madrid..They sorta intimidate opposition by having a famous name and really loud white shirts..If they played in puce, they would never have a title.

AC Milan in their heyday...down to haircuts...honestly...Ruud was offside 90% of the time, but his hairdo flummoxed the lino...

Puskas?..he was enormously fat, and the ball was attracted to him by gravity..like f.ookin' Jupiter..bloke wouldn't recognise a football if it knocked on his door an' ran off with his wife an' kids....

Maradonna?..crazy on crack cocaine....9 outta the 10 opposition players in every game he played in?... were FBI..never seen a football..all on covert ops...

Bayern Munich?..Nazis....Its still f.ookin' rife over there...especially in Munich, away dressing rooms are like that "!Crystalnacht" thingy...intimidation, brown shirts...electrodes on the genitalia an' all sorts...I read it in a book...the book was a green one...

All this pontificatin' about playing football "The right way" is tat...I mean look at Derby???

Their chairman says he wants 

"Football played the Derby way"..

no f.ooker knows what that is..including Derby fans...

West Ham...??...They want football played the "West Ham way"...Ive watched West Ham at Hillsborough and at their dump times many...they have been mainly f.ookin' crap!

Waddle beat them on his own at Hillsborough one game...he dropped his shoulder sent half their midfield into  the South wiv a tartan rug over their knees an' flasks in their hands!!!!

Its a simple game football...

One staggering stat..outside yer diamonds , holding midfielders and silly f.ookers "Sat in the hole"..is

The team with the best players usually wins...

Edited by asteener1867

GERRIT FOWAD

Exactly...Theres no atmosphere otherwise..I mean whats the chant for...

"Lets pass it along the back 4 then back to the goalie"?...

Its not as though any f.ooker takes any notice....

When Waddle used to have the ball, huggin' the touchline on the South..I'd shout crap like...

"Gerrit Wide!!!!!!!!!!"

If he'd took any notice the ball would hit the f.ookin' "Horse an Jockey"..but it was summatt to shout..like loud and gutteral...the players don't listen..its all about inflection...

The best loud Owls chant is simply..."Go ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ONNNNNN!!"..its massive decibels that...

Go on what?..no f.ooker has the answer to that..its just loud stupid support...gees the lads up...they don't want some daft f.ooker working out the angles and whimperin'

"Chip it out at a 45 degree angle to Hooper, bearin in mind the wind differential"...

That just daft...

"HANDBALL!!.,.."FOUL THROW"...that foul throw thingy is a Hillsborough classic...a mate of mine who's a Chel;sea fan came to the Derby when Watson scored to beat the Blades...He thought Wednesday had scored or summatt when the first "FOUL THROW!!!" shout went up...

Just been listening to an article about the premier league running "bio banding" tournaments.......basically teams are segregated by weight and or size rather than school age groups.....which is 100% the way to go and should have been for years ...an example of the FA being well behind with their "blueprint"

Stops the bigger kids relying on strength alone to think they are the best and allows smaller kids to show and develop their skills without being bullied out of the game

Can you see any downside to this Sgt?

Just been listening to an article about the premier league running "bio banding" tournaments.......basically teams are segregated by weight and or size rather than school age groups.....which is 100% the way to go and should have been for years ...an example of the FA being well behind with their "blueprint"

Stops the bigger kids relying on strength alone to think they are the best and allows smaller kids to show and develop their skills without being bullied out of the game

My lad played in the net when he was about 10...all his team were smallish, they played a team from Barnsley, supposedly under 11's..I swear to god both their centre halves had beards...It was a slaughter.....

My lad played in the net when he was about 10...all his team were smallish, they played a team from Barnsley, supposedly under 11's..I swear to god both their centre halves had beards...It was a slaughter.....

its the most simple obvious thing to do.....seen the same with my lad who was a late August baby....at younger age group some of them haven't a chance, it's only as they get older that you start to realise that some of the bigger stronger kids who used to dominate games are now bypassed and aren't really that good....we once played a team from Mansfield where most of the u14's had tats!!

its the most simple obvious thing to do.....seen the same with my lad who was a late August baby....at younger age group some of them haven't a chance, it's only as they get older that you start to realise that some of the bigger stronger kids who used to dominate games are now bypassed and aren't really that good....we once played a team from Mansfield where most of the u14's had tats!!

Yea but if he was a late August Baby he did well to get into the team at 7 months old mate....

It makes more sense to do this when the children are young, I'm talking up to 10 years old maybe.

The danger is that the smaller more skilled players will get all their own way when they are young but eventually they will come up against physically bigger players and won't be strong enough, the only way to figure out how to play against a stronger player is to actually play against them.

If you imagine a 12, 13, 14, 15 and then 16 year old playing with players his own size and weight all through his development then he transitions into the mens game against some proper units. 

These smaller players will need to learn how to play against bigger players, otherwise the development is false.