Do our fans understand modern football?

Which post is this aimed at?

Are you telling me that players like Mahrez and Kante aren't good on the ball?

Do Leicester not play football?

I think they play football. I very much enjoy watching them.

However....

They have the lowest number of attempted passes in the entire division.

As well as  having the lowest number of attempted passes in the division .................they also have the lowest number of completed passes in the division.

Which according some on here means they are dinosaurs and there is no place in the modern game for that style and that anyone, such as myself who enjoys watching their brand of dashing attacking at pace football knows nothing about how the game or how it should be played these days.

Edited by Lord Snooty

I think they play football. I very much enjoy watching them.

However....

They have the lowest number of attempted passes in the entire division.

As well as  having the lowest number of attempted passes in the division .................they also have the lowest number of completed passes in the division.

Which according some on here means they are dinosaurs and there is no place in the modern game for that style and that anyone, such as myself who enjoys watching their brand of dashing attacking at pace football knows nothing about how the game or how it should be played these days.

Not every team will play the same way, thats why football is entertaining, not every team should look to play like Barcelona, no one is saying that.

We are though developing young footballers who are brilliant technically because from a young age they have the ball at their feet, the FA encourage this at all levels, this is how we close with the likes of Spain and Brazil at the highest level.

Most clubs will have a philosophy throughout, from top to bottom, if at SWFC our youngsters are getting coached inline with the first team then we have a very bright future to look forward to, adding to that the good that we are doing for the future of English football. 

If you don't enjoy your team keeping possession and creating opportunities then fine but think about the bigger picture.

Personally I love the fact that my club are playing football the right way.

Its about how good a player is technically, this starts when they are young.

If you have technical players you can play football anyway.

Yeah I agree, not arguing just saying there are more ways to skin a cat. Dinosaur style can be effective so long as you have the players whom have the technical ability

"We are though developing young footballers who are brilliant technically because from a young age they have the ball at their feet, the FA encourage this at all levels, this is how we close with the likes of Spain and Brazil at the highest level"

Wow, English coaching and the FA have done a fine job these past few decades. Don't think so.

I don't have any problem with any method/style of football the bottom line is results, if its good attacking style then just a bonus for all.

My point is the experts on here who like to point out, modern possession football is the only way, when it quite clearly is not. As the Leicester way for all to see.

You can see it regularly 35% - 65%  etc etc where the side with less possession wins.

BTW I am not moaning, we are playing some good stuff..especially when we get the ball forward quickly :ph34r:

"We are though developing young footballers who are brilliant technically because from a young age they have the ball at their feet, the FA encourage this at all levels, this is how we close with the likes of Spain and Brazil at the highest level"

Wow, English coaching and the FA have done a fine job these past few decades. Don't think so.

This is what I am talking about, the FA were dinosaurs that saw us drop so far behind many other nations. Sticking to the English way of playing, your preferred way of playing it seems.

Much changed in the FA and mindsets are much different now, this is my point, this is why we are some 25 years behind.

I don't have any problem with any method/style of football the bottom line is results, if its good attacking style then just a bonus for all.

Results are not the bottom line when developing young players, I could put a team together of big, strong, fast players who would beat any side out there, however how good are those players technically? This is what is wrong with the English game, this is what we are trying to change. 

My point is the experts on here who like to point out, modern possession football is the only way, when it quite clearly is not. As the Leicester way for all to see.

​Its not the only way I agree, there are many ways. The way we play is better for actual footballers.

You can see it regularly 35% - 65%  etc etc where the side with less possession wins.

The key is good possession, you could have had 65% of the ball but done nothing with it, yes, you always have to look forward but the difference is between England and Spain is if Spain have nothing on they will turn out and start again, England would knock a hopeful ball into the corner = giving the ball away.

BTW I am not moaning, we are playing some good stuff..especially when we get the ball forward quickly :ph34r:

If we can't go forward then don't just give the ball away.

Edited by Sgt Wednesday

Carlos is using the Barcelona blueprint.

That is why players like Lee, Bannan, Wallace, Forestieri are the stand out performers.

Some Wednesdayites will never get it and would much prefer Meggo back.

Lee, Bannan, Wallace are good footballers they are not Barcelona-esque.

You sir have been drinking

I'll hold me hands up...I don't understand football to any great degree..I played for years and was sheeite...I shout random stuff from the Kop...

"Man on".."AWAAY!!!!!!!"..."Handball ".."Offside"...all the usual...

I know it gets looked down on when you get the more knowledgeable lads shoutin'....

"Get back into the triangle Hutch..you're the holding midfielder FFS!"

Makes my shouts sound silly...an' I get a bit embarrassed      

I stand and listen agog at half time as the intellectual footie fans discuss how badly Nuhiu is playing when he had a stormer against PSG on FIFA15 in the champs league..They cant understand it...I can't understand them...

So i shout .........."OUT WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

but look a c.oont cos its half time....So I shuffle off back to me seat....