Hooper - the talks are over. Welcome back to SWFC

People trying to work out the credibility of Norwich fans by checking how many followers on Twitter they have, comedy gold

Sit back when there is something to announce i'm sure we'll find out

People trying to work out the credibility of Norwich fans by checking how many followers on Twitter they have, comedy gold

Sit back when there is something to announce i'm sure we'll find out

No shiete Sherlock

We definitely won't be paying £5m.

Ive not a clue what DC would pay, but if Rhodes is 13ish, and McCormack 10ish, 5 would seem an amazing price for Hooper.

I had doubts. Wondered if Scunny and SPL were too far below todays Championship, or if he had simply lost his mojo, but this past month shows him for what he is. Out and out goalscorer.

Six goals in no time, and bags of chances. He cant help himself. He just spots gaps with impecable timing. Given a full season he would be easily up among Gray, Rhodes, McC. So why on earth not £5m?

Loan till the season ends is the way forward

I don't think that really works for anyone. 

For us, despite the current wave of euphoria, gaining promotion is still going to be an incredibly difficult task, better to sign Hooper now to mitigate against being in this division next season. Scoring at his current rate, Hooper on loan to the end of the season will be worth considerably more.

For Hooper, sure he wants to get his future sorted. Appears to enjoy it at SWFC and no doubt is a fan of the manager.

For Norwich, seem to have written him off, no future there so a sale would be better I'd think.

Guest wilyfox

If we don't try to buy Hooper, someone else probably will given the form he's in and Norwich's willingness to deal. It would also be nice to finally have a proven striker we can call our own. We've been waiting for one so long. Buy him now and we have him for this seasons push - and next if we don't quite make it this year. Loan him, and we may have to start our search all over again.

Edited by wilyfox

If we don't try to buy Hooper, someone else probably will given the form he's in and Norwich's willingness to deal. It would also be nice to finally have a proven striker we can call our own. We've been waiting for one so long. Buy him now and we have him for this seasons push - and next if we don't quite make it this year. Loan him, and we may have to start our search all over again.

Thankfully we are now in a position to do things like this if we want to. Gone are the days when extending a loan was our only hope.

Yes. I was referring about ability to get into position

I take it that when you state that Hooper is "close" to Bright then you purely refer to getting in to positions to score but not taking every chance? The reason I ask is because Hooper is completely different as a forward to what Bright was.

You have to look at the market

20 goal a season strikers don't come cheap

Look at the prices for Afobe, Rhodes, Gray, Grabban etc

The fact he wants to come here certainly helps, but if we don't match Norwich's valuation

Someone else will

At the end of the day, if he costs 4 million, but scores the goals to take us up

He will be classed as a bargain.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

You have to look at the market

20 goal a season strikers don't come cheap

Look at the prices for Afobe, Rhodes, Gray, Grabban etc

The fact he wants to come here certainly helps, but if we don't match Norwich's valuation

Someone else will

At the end of the day, if he costs 4 million, but scores the goals to take us up

He will be classed as a bargain.

Bingo!