Stoke City vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Guest Darkus Owlus

I am man enough to say when i am wrong, you aren't.

You just try and put people down, to make yourself seem right.

Should have just left it at the Captains post.

Never mind

Yeah, I was so wrong about the economy wasn't i, this is probably where you're coming from I assume.

How the heck have I put you down anyway, you came after me with your provocative "b0lloxs" , isn't that a put down in itself?

Then you accues me in kind of a put down...?!?

Astonishing logic and hypocrysy.

I apologise if you took massive offence to me suggesting we conceed goals from free kicks....

Disappointing result.  We are much better than this.  We needed to be at our best even to be in with a shout.  

Unfortunately, we never really got going.  Bannan and Forestieri we missed them big time.  

Joao not his best game at all, Hooper decent chance at the beginning then went completely anonymous.  

All in all, happy with our overall performance in the Cup, especially knocking arsenal out, but gutted with the result and performance tonight.

Going to be a big test on Saturday now, after losing Lees and Loovens to injury.  

Stoke City 2-0 Wednesday

Possession: 66-34

Shots on target: 6-1

Shots off target: 3-3

Corners: 4-2

Fouls: 12-13

Yellow cards: 1-1

Red cards: 0-0

Wildsmith, Hunt (McGugan 45), Lees (Pudil 38), Loovens (Nuhiu 77), Wiggins, Wallace, Lee, Hutchinson, Sougou, Hooper, Joao. 

Subs not used: Price, Helan, Lopez, Semedo. 

Unlucky Wednesday. 

Well done Stoke City. 

Teams lose. It happens. Only 1 team can win the cup so it was gonna be a stretch anyway. We've reached the quarter finals and made a bloody good statement! No let's go back to the league, get rid of these injuries and focus on that play-off spot. Stoke have a reputation for being bloody good and home and they don't have much else to go for other than the cup so they were gonna go at it.

Let get together and have another go against Derby, big game in the season.

Well done Wednesday. 

Stoke were professional, solid and strong, their top flight pedigree and class showed.

No shame in our performance, effort and in getting to the QF's the hard way.

A memorable Cup run and it's been a good season, the future is still bright

and let's hope we'll be facing the likes of Arsenal and Stoke more regularly in the future.

Proud of the fans and the team. Onwards and upwards, pick yourselves up lads and let's concentrate on the League now.

UTO!

Steve May ran around like a maniac but he was just vvank.

Hooper does little and appears to be similarly vvank.

Work rate aside, both similar type of striker. Don't really impact the general game, just always looking to get a sniff of goal. The type of strikers who score plenty of goals but only in successful sides who create plenty of chances.

Surprised CC started with Hooper alongside Joao tonight. Looks like he's dropped a ball to me

Work rate aside, both similar type of striker. Don't really impact the general game, just always looking to get a sniff of goal. The type of strikers who score plenty of goals but only in successful sides who create plenty of chances.

Surprised CC started with Hooper alongside Joao tonight. Looks like he's dropped a ball to me

Every time Fessi is missing we have the same problem. we have no cover in the No10 role ,so have to change our shape when Fessi is out.  

Edited by S36 OWL