Stoke City vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Didn't agree with going 442 away from home vs a PL side with an excellent defence record like Stoke.

Easy to say with hindsight mind, but Hooper looked lazy today and Joao was poor, we never got going at all, no transition from midfield to attack at all - as mentioned really missed FF. But even more worrying there was no transition from defence to midfield, too many long balls when closed down and poor touches.

Would have liked to seen McGugan play in a 451 with maybe Helan instead of Wallace (was he even playing anyway?) to cover Arnoutovic. Goals were unlucky for JW could do nothing for either, marking was poor for the first and stupid tackle from Hutchinson for the second, good finishes but frustrating on our part. Poor performance all around, in ratings terms only players to come out with 6's were Wildsmith and Wiggins, everyone else below average. Expected us too lose just annoyed we didn't give a better account of ourselves, hope the injuries aren't too bad.

Edited by Del_Liles

Depressing to be so far behind the Soke's of the premier league for how far we have come we are still a million miles away

I wouldn't say depressing.

We know it is a work in progress.

It will just show to Mr C how far he has to go, if he is really going to go for it or not.

In the main you must have been a bit deluded beforehand if you all of a sudden just realised that we're not as good as Stoke and their ilk just yet.

We're not even supposed to go up until next season!

We went out expecting a bit of an onslaught.  They came out to set their tempo and take control in their own time.

We didn't have a good night but the exact same thing could have happened if we actually were a Prem team away at Stoke, funny enough, because that's how they beat them regularly at home.

Bring on the Sheepshaggers!

Edited by sonofbert2

Yeah, i know what you meant mate.

I didn't think depressing was the correct word, not for me should i say.

Disappointed a little bit, because we have shown we are better than tonight's performance, but the squad doesn't look as good on the pitch as on paper, even though it is a million miles better than last season.

But it comes down to my last sentence in the post you quoted.

It all depends if Mr C decides to go for it this season, or grow and improve a lot for next season.

Time will tell.

meh. Not overly upset that we lost, it was always the most likely outcome (even though anything could have happened). Not so sure that our performance was the best, though I take into consideration 33's comment post game so not going to be too down. The most upsetting thing for me is the possibility we will have several injuries to significant team members. Hope that everyone will pull through relatively unscathed with a few days rest.

meh. Not overly upset that we lost, it was always the most likely outcome (even though anything could have happened). Not so sure that our performance was the best, though I take into consideration 33's comment post game so not going to be too down. The most upsetting thing for me is the possibility we will have several injuries to significant team members. Hope that everyone will pull through relatively unscathed with a few days rest.

Same here