Team for Stoke

It will be the best team possible, minus Westwood. 

Bannan was damn close to contention yesterday. Half an eye on Tuesday probably ensured he got an extra few days of recovery. Turner close to. Think this will come a little too soon for Matias though. Derby is doable for him though. 

We will be giving this our best shot. We have knocked two PL sides out so far & are taking 4k to a quarter final game where we face a good Stoke side, but not an unbeatable Stoke side. In fact, they just lost to an awful Sunderland side. Had 10 men, sure. But they were awful before the sending off. They also have City coming up at the weekend at home but this is a cup they are probably desperate to win considering they're not playing for much else. We go into this with no pressure. We've exceeded expectations in this competition. One cracking day out at Newcastle, one unbelievable win at home to Arsenal. 

All we can do is try our best & CC will not take us into this game with a weak first 11. It's not going to be Newcastle whole sale changes! If CC didn't care about this competition we wouldn't have played the team which we did vs Arsenal. 

I agree. We've done very well in the Cup and the League so far. We've got nothing to lose on Tuesday.

It's a good opportunity and I'm sure we'll give it a go, and put out our strongest team possible?

I got a feeling we could hurt them on the break with our pace, especially if Joao plays upfont

but to be effective on the break we've gotta be strong in midfield and defensively. 

So hopefully we can have our first choice defence and midfield available.

We look a much better side when we have our first choice midfield playing.

I'm looking forward to the game, in the same way I was looking forward to the Newcastle and Arsenal games.

It's another good test, against quality opposition. If we go through it will be unbelievable but if we don't  it won't be the end of the world

as we could then fully concentrate on the promotion/play-off race. 

Don't agree on McGugan - something isn't quite right, with Bannnan, Hutch and Lopez not fit he should be featuring .. But he just isn't.

If you're right, with Bannan, Hutch, Lopez, Lee, and Semedo available (plus maybe Matias) McGugan shouldnt even be on the bus to Stoke. I think he'll at least make the bench.

If you're right, with Bannan, Hutch, Lopez, Lee, and Semedo available (plus maybe Matias) McGugan shouldnt even be on the bus to Stoke. I think he'll at least make the bench.

Most of these guys haven't been available over the last 2 matches and yet he still can't get on the pitch, that's my point.

With these guys back he had even less chance.

Out on loan in Jan with a view to a permanent transfer. - it ain't gonna work between him and CC

Edited by Owlsofrustration

Funny how its panned out with McGugan...

Everyone jumping through hoops when we got him..then its sort of faded..what with FF now being the Marquee signing...Lee, Bannan and Hutchinson virtually shoe ins...

Who out of those 3 would you swap him for?..because thats the be all and end all, and I'm sure its come as a bit of a shock to McGugan..

From being the first player on the team sheet, he's gone to a virtual makeweight..Takes some turning around that

I hope it doesn't turn round..no disrespect to Lewis McGugan..but that would mean the teams not panning out...

For Stoke...Hutch, Lee, Bannan..I can't really see past that..

Funny how its panned out with McGugan...

Everyone jumping through hoops when we got him..then its sort of faded..what with FF now being the Marquee signing...Lee, Bannan and Hutchinson virtually shoe ins...

Who out of those 3 would you swap him for?..because thats the be all and end all, and I'm sure its come as a bit of a shock to McGugan..

From being the first player on the team sheet, he's gone to a virtual makeweight..Takes some turning around that

I hope it doesn't turn round..no disrespect to Lewis McGugan..but that would mean the teams not panning out...

For Stoke...Hutch, Lee, Bannan..I can't really see past that..

Not saying he should be in the side, but when he's played, he's done OK To say he's not really been involved, he's not let anyone down, and weighed in with his fair share of goals.

Wildsmith

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Sougou

Lee

Semedo

Helan

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Subs: Price, Dielna, Hooper, Joao, Lopez, McGugan, Wallace. 

i´d  put my life on it that if we play that side we wont be playing in the semi .........

Hope Wildsmith comes through this well.He is a massive prospect.

I can't see Lucas starting. Be a great test of Hooper's worth. Surely he starts.

Think he will give Barry a few more days recuperation.

Wildsmith

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Pudil

Wallace

Hutch

Lee

Helan

Nuhiu

Hooper

Sougou, Lucas, McGugan to come on.

Not optimistic

I'd save Bannan and Hutchinson for the Derby game sunday.

I honestly think that the Stoke squad is too good for us.  I know that's negative, but at least it's honest.  They'll be up for it unlike Arsenal were and especially having seen us against Arsenal they won't be taking any chances.  I can see Wildsmith being tested a lot more than the previous 2 games!

I'll never write us off, but I think the Derby game is the big one now.  Give the fringe players a change like McGugan and Sogou, Lopez and Matias if they're fit, and let's not be too disappointed if we come away with nothing.