Team for Stoke

I'd take a punt tomorrow.

Lopez is second for assists despite hardly playing.

McGugan has scored three despite hardly playing.

Bit of a gamble, but I would try and control the midfield.  You can't have the likes of Semedo and Helan giving it away against quality like this.

---------------Wildsmith----------------

Hunt---Lees ---- Loovens---Pudil

----------------Hutch--------------------

-----------Lopez---McGugan--------

Lee------------------------------Wallace

---------------Joao----------------------

Sougou and Hooper are options from the bench.

Not saying he should be in the side, but when he's played, he's done OK To say he's not really been involved, he's not let anyone down, and weighed in with his fair share of goals.

Given the apparent debate earlier in the season over the second striker role ending with FF being brought in it has looked more and more like Mcgugan is competing for the Lee position.

He got his chance to start instead of Lee at qpr and didn't do himself justice. We made 7 changes for that game so you could argue he wasn't surrounded by our better players but after the first 10 mins he just disappeared and didn't appear to put the effort in.

We were a lot better when Lee replaced him.

Only 1 game and he probably deserves another chance but he is going to struggle to push Lee out although i agree he has done ok coming on.

Edited by oldishowl

I'd take a punt tomorrow.

Lopez is second for assists despite hardly playing.

McGugan has scored three despite hardly playing.

Bit of a gamble, but I would try and control the midfield. You can't have the likes of Semedo and Helan giving it away against quality like this.

---------------Wildsmith----------------

Hunt---Lees ---- Loovens---Pudil

----------------Hutch--------------------

-----------Lopez---McGugan--------

Lee------------------------------Wallace

---------------Joao----------------------

Sougou and Hooper are options from the bench.

This is good thinking.

Because Stoke are a strong combative and tidy side. But our best chance lies with being strong defensively, battling in midfield, pressurising them and hitting them on the break. I'd go with a similar sort of set up and line up to what you suggest, although I'd consider playing Sougou to offer some pace out wide and having McGugan and Hooper among the attacking options on the bench. I'd have Lopez alongside Hutchinson with Sougou, Lee and Wallace offering support and width behind Joao. That side would give Stoke some problems especially on the break.

I think its going to be tight. Stoke should edge it and be too strong but hopefully I'm wrong again like in the previous two rounds against PL opposition with whom I thought we had little chance against to be honest.