QPR vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

This was always going to be the match we needed to make changes, we're playing a ridiculous number of games in a short space of time so rotation is vital to keep the players' fitness where we want it. Still quietly confident of a result tonight, QPR's team really doesn't look all that scary - looks like they're playing Jay Emmanuel-Thomas up front and he's not a natural striker, hopefully we should be OK.

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

7 changes at anytime during the last 10 years me and the guys in seat 32b have been named on the bench! It's very refreshing. Good players coming in who need to do well. We would have done anything for that side 12 months ago. The crowd will turn If we can keep it tight or get ahead. Mcgugan, sougou, ff, big Dave have goals in them....

It's sense, keeps ever body happy cos everyone's equal in squad, everyone will play similar amount of games according to the situation, injuries and opponents. Everyone is on their toes!

This ^^

Also I think beneficial in an era without the reserve league to help with match fitness...

Hope this isn't how we're lining up???attachicon.gifimage.png

Could be something like:

Westwood

Palmer     Lees       Loovens        Wiggins

Sougou     Semedo  McGugan      Bannan

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

i forget we have some of these players!

Think the changes are a good idea, rest some players, rest a few others on Friday and have a fresher squad for Tuesday

It's more important that we smash Toytown rather than try and compete against Arsenal IMO