QPR vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Interesting one Pauli.

Continuing the animal theme from Saturday brings back memories of Johnny Morris on Animal Magic and the elephant who defecated live during Blue Peter and then dragged its poor handler thru the mess.  John Noakes nearly wet himself laughing and Valerie Singleton could barely watch.  Not sure what Peter Purves was doing.  All of which I guess would have been filmed at the old BBC centre at Shepherds Bush just round the corner from the QPR ground.

Anyhow, another point tonight and I’d be happy.

Purving ?  gary megson

A very good morning to you all, excellent OP Pauli. Tricky run of fixtures, lots in quick succession here. Looking forward to some squad rotation and seeing what others can do. Hate QPR for the way they've just thrown money at getting themselves up, which has inevitably landed them in disarray. Hopefully we can exploit that disarray and nick the three points, as the fans seem ready to turn at loftus road, which would set us up perfectly for our next two games, which are both crucial.

QPR 0-3 Wednesday (Lee 7, Nuhiu 25, Sougou 50)

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

We never seem to win at Loftus Road. You see, back in the day, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J.D Rockerfeller flying by. So I run out of the house with a big washtub and... hey! Where are you going? Anyway, about my washtub. I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Christmas, with all the trimmings: carrots, peas, flatcaps stuffed with potatoes. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called kickball. Anyway, about my washtub, I managed to catch 35 twenty pence pieces, which in those day had a picture of a kestral on them. “Give me five birds for a pound,” you'd say... What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem! Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

We never seem to win at Loftus Road. You see, back in the day, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J.D Rockerfeller flying by. So I run out of the house with a big washtub and... hey! Where are you going? Anyway, about my washtub. I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Christmas, with all the trimmings: carrots, peas, flatcaps stuffed with potatoes. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called kickball. Anyway, about my washtub, I managed to catch 35 twenty pence pieces, which in those day had a picture of a kestral on them. “Give me five birds for a pound,” you'd say... What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem! Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

I see.