It is far too early for CC to be written off

We haven't yet had half-a-dozen league games this season yet some people are writing off CC. That is just ridiculous. Firstly, we ought to give our new manager a sensible amount of time before judging him (I don't know what is sensible but I do know that it's not 5 league games) and secondly, at some point, we need to stick with a manager and give time for change to occur rather than being in a constant state of disarray through chopping and changing.

Your thought?

Edited by shandypants

If the team isn't playing like a team by Christmas in conjunction with a gradual improvement in results between now and then he should be worried.

I suspect the plan is that this has been the summer of huge changes. So this season is about giving some time for everything to start to come together.

Next summer will be more about tweaking and sprinkling and hitting the ground running.

I really want him to do well as I honestly think if we ever go up we will need a manager for more than one season most likely.

However I have concerns over his erraticness. He needs to pick a squad and formation and ride it out soon as experiments will not create any momentum and we'll lumber in the lower half.

Let him get a striker, pick a set team and get some attacking football going.

Sick of hearing myself say this but DC will have the least patience not the fans.

It was far too early for Gray to be written off

CC should be given time too, although inevitably, more money you spent = less time

Should it not depend in who's spending the money though?

If the team fail should it not be sack the committee and not just CC?

Edited by zakswfc

We haven't yet had half-a-dozen league games this season yet some people are writing off CC. That is just ridiculous. Firstly, we ought to give our new manager a sensible amount of time before judging him (I don't know what is sensible but I do know that it's not 5 league games) and secondly, at some point, we need to stick with a manager and give time for change to occur rather than being in a constant state of disarray through chopping and changing.

Your thought?

I know i shouldn't be surprised that folk on here are already looking to get rid but ...

He has had nowhere near enough time. Some people are questioning his cv. If other clubs have been so quick to judge it is no wonder he has not stayed anywhere long.

Give him time. It is September and five games FFS

I can see argument that CC should be given more time but looking at his CV, zero experience in English football (along with all of his staff)  I have little faith that he is the man to move the club forward.

Surely that is the very reason he should be given more than 5 games before being judged.

I was watching Sky's legends programme about C Ronaldo the other day and a Portuguese football expert said that Portuguese football is generally pragmatic and dull, but with one great player (Ronaldo) to make something special happen. It reminded me of how we've been setting up so far under Carlos, pragmatic but dull (players not getting forward quickly etc). But now we have that one special player in FF who will hopefully make things happen in the final third. I want Carlos to be a legend with us, but if things don't show signs of improving in the next 10 games then some serious questions would need to be asked

To be blunt though guys, we are on 5 points.

In my thread asking what we expect in September the concensus was pretty much 5-7 points.

We could be going into October in the bottom quarter and I think that will just be a really stressful time at Hillsborough.

This thread is ridiculous.

What have we become?

Match day section is being over run by a completely different breed from the majority of our fanbase Imo.I for one am reading it less frequently and getting involved / posting to a large extent.Shame really because it's been really entertaining in the past.

If after 15 games there isn't signs of a good team forming or results have been awful, I would think about making Carlos a DOF and bringing in another coach, I.e Pearson. But for now, I'm hoping the additions We've made will mean Carlos can form a good team that will start scoring the goals needed to win matches

I can see argument that CC should be given more time but looking at his CV, zero experience in English football (along with all of his staff)  I have little faith that he is the man to move the club forward.

i agree. I really want him to succeed but from my observations to date cc is finding the Championship a rude awakening and I doubt he has what it takes to turn us into a top 6 side. Sadly i think DC will pull the pin in November when it becomes apparent that despite huge expenditure on better players we are a less effective side than under Stu.