It is far too early for CC to be written off

I think he'll be gone by the end of the season. I hope not as it's a nice change to have someone who's shows his passion.

He still doesn't seem to know his strongest 11 yet which is worrying.

But how can he know as yet? we've just added Bannen, Turner, & Fossi to the masses and he's not even seen them play. I agree there needs to come a point when he can stick with a settled 11, but with the changes we've had we were never going to set the world alight immediately.

What doesn't go in CC favour is the fact that he was no one's first choice,has a dodgy cv,never stays at a club long and has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

At best it was a bizarre appointment, had we appointed Sam Allardyce or Nigel Pearson we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Like him or not (and it's too early to dislike him) he will be gone by Christmas at the latest.

Basically we have a chairman who has been in football for a blink. A manager who has been in English football even less time and has never been at a club for more than a year.

And they are collaborating on getting a championship club promoted to the PL with a two year plan... in a league which has a long series of ex PL heavy weight teams.

It's going to be very very tough.

Even the whipping boys this season are a Yorkshire derby for us.

Big Nige and Big Sam wouldn't have worked in this setup, though. They'd want total control, and that's probably why we wound up with o Carlos. As with most catastrophes, it's a series of factors which combine to bring them about. (1) a new team (2) a new manager who's ignorant of this league (3) no proven striker. Any one of those factors taken in isolation probably wouldn't be a problem, but confect all three and it's a recipe for disaster. We needed a new team, in my view, because the bulk of the squad last season weren't good enough. So you keep Gray, because at least he knows this league. Any team wanting to have a shout of promotion has got to have a proven 20-goal-a-season striker, no matter who the manager is. The odds are heavily stacked against CC, and only a proven striker might save him.

The crux is the first 5 league games were in reality a waste of time. What should have been a get to know each other phase and develop a team pattern - we have what 4 players who haven't kicked a ball barely for any team and we effectively start again on Saturday from scratch.

But we will be playing against squads that are settled

By the time the next internationals come around a fifth of the season will be gone and will we actually know the starting squad. Not even going to say best XI because I don't think football works like that - more a 16 that will rotate game to game .

A proven striker is worth squiddly dit if we can't make chances

At the moment CC is no better than Gray other than he has a better suit and waves his arms around like Megson

Guest The Horse

The crux is the first 5 league games were in reality a waste of time. What should have been a get to know each other phase and develop a team pattern - we have what 4 players who haven't kicked a ball barely for any team and we effectively start again on Saturday from scratch.

But we will be playing against squads that are settled

By the time the next internationals come around a fifth of the season will be gone and will we actually know the starting squad. Not even going to say best XI because I don't think football works like that - more a 16 that will rotate game to game .

A proven striker is worth squiddly dit if we can't make chances

At the moment CC is no better than Gray other than he has a better suit and waves his arms around like Megson

Great shoes as well.

Big Nige and Big Sam wouldn't have worked in this setup, though. They'd want total control, and that's probably why we wound up with o Carlos. As with most catastrophes, it's a series of factors which combine to bring them about. (1) a new team (2) a new manager who's ignorant of this league (3) no proven striker. Any one of those factors taken in isolation probably wouldn't be a problem, but confect all three and it's a recipe for disaster. We needed a new team, in my view, because the bulk of the squad last season weren't good enough. So you keep Gray, because at least he knows this league. Any team wanting to have a shout of promotion has got to have a proven 20-goal-a-season striker, no matter who the manager is. The odds are heavily stacked against CC, and only a proven striker might save him.

DC has done himself no favours by saying he wants promotion in 2 years,by doing this he has raised people's expectations and and heaped pressure on a manager who has never managed in this country whilst completely changing the structure of the club on and off the field.

If he is serious about promotion in 2 yrs then the best way of doing this would have been to employ Sam Allardyce or Nigel Pearson and do away with the committee.

Is it too early though?...For most Owls supporters I would imagine the answer would be "Yes"..but in todays football...is it?

Was it to early to rack up the price of tickets and go for it?..cos thats one of the causes of the  impatience...

DC... "Prem in 2 years time"...??/

Bound to have folk thinking we have to get it right as quickly as possible, so Carlos has to sort it as quickly as possible.

Gray wasn't even given a sniff of the money, how "patient" was that?

So its the club that has upped the ante, with both staff and to an extent the supporters...

If you are going to charge supporters £39 a go...and give a manager millions to spend...the fans...and the Chairman are going to want results sooner rather than later...

I dunno whether 5 games in is either....but it won't take many more setbacks until DC decides one way or another...Its not the patience of the fans Carlos needs to worry about.......

Is it too early though?...For most Owls supporters I would imagine the answer would be "Yes"..but in todays football...is it?

Was it to early to rack up the price of tickets and go for it?..cos thats one of the causes of the  impatience...

Bound to have folk thinking we have to get it right as quickly as possible, so Carlos has to sort it as quickly as possible.

So its the club that has upped the ante, with both staff and to an extent the supporters...

If you are going to charge supporters £39 a go...and give a manager millions to spend...the fans...and the Chairman are going to want results sooner rather than later...

I dunno whether 5 games in is either....but it won't take many more setbacks until DC decides one way or another...Its not the patience of the fans Carlos needs to worry about.......

now now, that's not true is it ?

The Middlesboro game proved that cheaper tickets arent the answer to get people turning up. 

Edited by parkerowl

Good post

Under promise and over deliver = Fans less annoyed

Take time to build the foundations rather than trying to put the roof on first 

Are we talking about attendances or how long Carlos has got?...Bristol City was £39...Ok 'Boro was cheaper, but its still expensive taken as an average..

Reading was cheaper too, so are the Fulham and Preston games so £39 quid is not really an average so far, However we are talking about carlos, but you mentioned ticket prices in your post so I just pointed out that only 1 game has been unreasonably priced so far, IMO of course.