bristol city supporters going to boycott our game

Even if you look at it from a purely business point of view the club has completely c0cked up, no other way of looking at it.

The phase two ticket prices are higher than the point that would have maximised revenue.

The phase three ticket prices are too.

So are the matchday prices.

So we're the box prices resulting in embarassing climb down.

The thing is though. ... if come September it shows on the books they just lower the cats and promote it.

Chansiri is basically in his opening quarter of a new business venture.

He doesn't give a fuuck what happens in the next few months, it's just data.

So actually the ticket price would have had a much more significant influence on the total price...

They will be paying ~£92.90 for the train, so if the tickets are £39, total cost is £131.90.

If we had sold them tickets for £30 instead, the total cost would be £122.90.

It's a 7% difference.

Would probably be 5% difference by the time you add a tram ticket, beers, food...

Would they really have come? Or would they have looked at the train price, and that would be the reason for a boycott instead?

Edit, realise people will question the figures...

Train prices are worse than football prices.

Last week, I travelled the length of Sicilly (4 hrs) for 10.50 EUROS (7 quid) in an air conditioned and punctual train.

I just don't understand this, We Wednesdayites usually have to pay a premium price at every game on the road.

Just a little taste of their own medicine, is what I say, ultimately will do us some good.

Bristol City have never visited in numbers but I think this time they will bring a few more, lets see !

were you there in 2004 when they sold out the top tier and filled half the lower ....didnt do em any good graeme lee did them in the 95th minute .

were you there in 2004 when they sold out the top tier and filled half the lower ....didnt do em any good graeme lee did them in the 95th minute .

And they were singing 'top of the league, were having a laugh'... so at the end we sang it back at them at Full time walking out, remember that day well.

So actually the ticket price would have had a much more significant influence on the total price...

They will be paying ~£92.90 for the train, so if the tickets are £39, total cost is £131.90.

If we had sold them tickets for £30 instead, the total cost would be £122.90.

It's a 7% difference.

Would probably be 5% difference by the time you add a tram ticket, beers, food...

Would they really have come? Or would they have looked at the train price, and that would be the reason for a boycott instead?

Edit, realise people will question the figures...

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

I don't know why anyone would use thetrainline and pay needless booking fees. Just use http://www.nationalrail.co.uk and order direct through one of the train companies for free.

It's clearly not Kivo, that doesn't take away from the fact that you have started another thread on this topic. We all get that you feel the price increases are too much for the everyday fan,but in all honesty it's getting old hat now. Unlike a lot of the posters on here I have met you and played football with you and in all honesty you seem like a really nice bloke. I sit near you at the match. Let it go Kivo. There are things in life you can control and things you can't the trick is knowing the difference.

And they were singing 'top of the league, were having a laugh'... so at the end we sang it back at them at Full time walking out, remember that day well.

Absolute scenes in bottom corner of the South when that goal went in.

Lost my house key and a button off my jacket in the celebrations.

lol

bristol city's average home adult ticket price = £32

sheffield wednesday's average home adult ticket price = £37

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-prices-revealed-for-201516-2559689.aspx

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/matchday-prices-for-robins-curtain-raiser-2549345.aspx

well how come the  ticket for an adult is 39-46 quid for the brizzie game ........no one knows what catergory the games are going to be this season so how they can come to an average of 37 quid is a bit of a puzzle

It's clearly not Kivo, that doesn't take away from the fact that you have started another thread on this topic. We all get that you feel the price increases are too much for the everyday fan,but in all honesty it's getting old hat now. Unlike a lot of the posters on here I have met you and played football with you and in all honesty you seem like a really nice bloke. I sit near you at the match. Let it go Kivo. There are things in life you can control and things you can't the trick is knowing the difference.

Thing is though, why are YOU bothered? why does this thread bother YOU? 

People moaning about Kivo have got to ask themselves, do I really want to open and thread by Kivo that I clearly hate and then to post in it? 

Absolute scenes in bottom corner of the South when that goal went in.

Lost my house key and a button off my jacket in the celebrations.

lol

Yeah.. I found a few coins stuck my my head that day lol

Correct me if i'm wrong but there are 8 possible ticket prices for each part of the ground for every match? Therefore if say I wanted to go to a match at say Christmas time how much would I have to pay and how long before the game would I know? Would I also be right in thinking that some people don't have a problem with that?

The club should accept the boycott, close the Lepp to away fans and open it to any Wed fans wanting to transfer to that end. The club has raised the prices, let the supporters have access to all the ground.

If Wednesday get the crowd they deserve for the City game, they might as well close the kop or

north stand as well.

South stand holds 11,000. Won't be many more going.

Correct me if i'm wrong but there are 8 possible ticket prices for each part of the ground for every match? Therefore if say I wanted to go to a match at say Christmas time how much would I have to pay and how long before the game would I know? Would I also be right in thinking that some people don't have a problem with that?

That's how I read it. I don't know it will depend who we play and how attendances are going. I would imagine when the tickets go on sale about 3weeks before the game and no I don't have a problem, the club has been doing categories for years hasn't it? Just not as many and not as expensive.

Good on you Bristol City. Hope other fans follow suit. I attended 17 away games last season but it didn't cost anywhere near the £663 it would cost for 17 Bristol fans to come to us. Hope other clubs follow suit. I have boycotted Leeds the last couple of years for prices less than this. We have suddenly become a dirty word in football and it doesn't feel good.

Also well done Bristol for including the link to Sheffield Fc.

If Wednesday get the crowd they deserve for the City game, they might as well close the kop or

north stand as well.

South stand holds 11,000. Won't be many more going.

I think you'll be disappointed and we'll get a decent crowd.

Thing is though, why are YOU bothered? why does this thread bother YOU? 

People moaning about Kivo have got to ask themselves, do I really want to open and thread by Kivo that I clearly hate and then to post in it? 

Yeah.. I found a few coins stuck my my head that day lol

I'm not moaning about Kivo, I am expressing an opinion, Kivo has expressed his opinion you have expressed yours. That's fine that it what forums are about, however there are more than enough threads about match day prices. A lot started by Kivo, a lot of the time he has a valid point, but there are a lot of threads stating the same thing.