bristol city supporters going to boycott our game

Well, this story has now made the BBC sport football home page. There's no such thing as bad publicity, apparently. Doesn't the fact that we're only charging £25 for the Reading match prove we aren't totally mercenary & work in our favour? And, as a business, we're trying to maximise income from the 1st match of the season against a newly promoted, well supported team seems quite logical.

£30!!!!!!!!

Don't think they will, I reckon sales on away tickets will fall off quite some way - I'm guessin 800 fans opposed to 1800 fans, and I don't believe for a minute they would have brought 3k.

Still, well have lost out on overall revenue from away fans for this game I believe.

Media are all over it now. When the match is played they'll be all over it again reporting how many Bristol fans didn't turn up how many tickets were sent back (not many hopefully)

Guest Ash76

from Bristol Supporters club board

"Maybe in that way Sheffield Wednesday will get the message that this is unreasonable.

"After all, it will only cost Reading fans £25 when they go to Hillsborough. Where's the sense in that?"

no real answer why Reading fans are being asked to pay £14 less for watching essentially the same product.

They aren't, it's £9 less

Next thing Reading will be boycotting because the price has gone up from £25 to £30

REALITY CHECK NEEDED!   Blunts stirring all of this up by posing as Owls on The Stir Website etc...

FACT.  I do not have season ticket.  The average cost of my ticket at MASSIVE H.Q. (Kop) for the 2 opening games of the season is...   £29.50 PER TICKET.

If I was a Blunt, and I had the misfortune of going down to Bumhole Lane to watch The Mormons new era, for the first 2 games it would cost me an average  Â£22.50 PER TICKET.   :tango: 

So it's a £7 difference to watch an absolute shower of cack such as the Higgopottamus and their dodgy 'Keeper, playing in the Pub Premier League against some lower league dross, or watching full International players such as some of ours playing recently Premier League opposition.  Problem?

I just don't get it - sooooo much WHINING n MOANING over virtually nothing.   

Edited by maidstoneowl

Well, this story has now made the BBC sport football home page. There's no such thing as bad publicity, apparently. Doesn't the fact that we're only charging £25 for the Reading match prove we aren't totally mercenary & work in our favour? And, as a business, we're trying to maximise income from the 1st match of the season against a newly promoted, well supported team seems quite logical.

Bristol City fans snub season opener over £39 ticket price

A section of Bristol City supporters are planning to miss their first game back in the Championship over what they call "astronomical" ticket prices.

Away supporters who travel to Sheffield Wednesday on the opening day will be charged up to £39 for a ticket.

"For some of us, it is a matter of principle," said a statement from the Bristol City Supporters' Club & Trust.  

"It is going to hurt to do this, but the Supporters' Club & Trust has decided not to attend this game."

Bristol City won the League One title in April to secure their return to English football's second tier following a two-year absence.

The Robins have received an initial allocation of 1,068 tickets  in the Leppings Lane End at Hillsborough on Saturday, 8 August.

Other ticket boycotts and protests

Liverpool fans boycotted their match at Hull City in April of 2015 over the £50 ticket price.

Manchester City supporters did not attend a game against Arsenal in 2013 because of the £62 admission fee.

Arsenal and Liverpool fans protested about ticket prices of up to £64 before their match in 2015 at Emirates Stadium.

West Bromwich Albion supporters threatened a boycott over the £56 entry fee to watch the Baggies play at Manchester City in 2015.

The Supporters' Club & Trust say that, along with travel and expenses, the ticket price is "too expensive".

The statement added: "Nobody's calling for a boycott, we just think it is a step too far.

"We think many City fans will vote likewise and choose not to go. Maybe in that way Sheffield Wednesday will get the message that this is unreasonable. After all, it will only cost Reading fans £25 when they go to Hillsborough. Where's the sense in that?"

If I was a Bristol city fan I would have to consider making the trip though.

Purely because this is a huge banana skin for us. New squad, new manager, not a great pre season, expectancy from crowd.

Bristol are on a promotion high and have zilch to lose.

I can see a tense game and a goal from a blunder from us.

Well, this story has now made the BBC sport football home page. There's no such thing as bad publicity, apparently. Doesn't the fact that we're only charging £25 for the Reading match prove we aren't totally mercenary & work in our favour? And, as a business, we're trying to maximise income from the 1st match of the season against a newly promoted, well supported team seems quite logical.

But doesn't basic marketing tell you there's a limit that people will reasonably pay and logic should tell you it isn't £39 minimum for a Championship game

If it's proven it isn't kivo, I will apologise

Until then, my opinion is that he shouldn't go on a rival clubs board trying to discredit the club

It stinks enough as it is

Guilty until proven innocent.

This thread feels on the cusp of internet bullying (at least the first few pages I could be bothered to read). I don't think it's a particularly pleasant read.

We all agree that the ticket prices are high, no need to be so... well anti swfc. And I don't mean anyone stating their

annoyance at the ticket prices is anti swfc. I mean, remember the lost purse thread, we're all wednesdayites. We shouldn't be so easily slagging and berating others with different views imo.

Edited by Spondon Owl

Opposition teams and fans should use our pricing as a yardstick to measure themselves against. The more expensive, the better they are! Bristol city are obviously better supported and more exciting team than Reading. lol BTW.

Edited by mike312

They aren't, it's £9 less

Next thing Reading will be boycotting because the price has gone up from £25 to £30

Reading paid £10 here last season, so to them this will seem expensive.

Reading will bring about 500 based on last season...

£10 for everyone ....29848 at the game, 856 away fans and 28992 home fans!  

and we hadnt won at home all season going into the game...

Do we really need to go round and round with this ticket price debate? Mind you, its not really a debate, we all think £52 is too much for second tier footie, even £39, personally I reckon £30 is too much

But...

This is the way its going, they aint changing it. Not only this,

1. if you have a membership you get £5 off so get a membership for £30 and the match tickets arent much more than last year

2. The categories are plentiful! So hopefully the club will price most tickets at the lower end of the scale (although local games will be higher)

3. Family packages mean that if you take the kids it again works out around the same price as last year, so families are fine

4. Student tickets! I think it's the first year we've done proper discounts for students on match tickets rather than just under 21, so as a trainee teacher this puts me in that bracket, and thousands more!

5. Get a flipping season ticket if you don't wanna pay match prices

Sorry, I know it's all old news but it's off my chest :) phew...

I didn't know it was £10 for away fans as well

for that game it was, quite pathetic they couldnt muster 1000 for a saturday game at a tenner, especially as they was in 6th or 7th in the league going into the game (ended up being their highest position all season).

we beat them and leapfrogged them into 6th (or 7th) 

Do we really need to go round and round with this ticket price debate? Mind you, its not really a debate, we all think £52 is too much for second tier footie, even £39, personally I reckon £30 is too much

But...

This is the way its going, they aint changing it. Not only this,

1. if you have a membership you get £5 off so get a membership for £30 and the match tickets arent much more than last year

2. The categories are plentiful! So hopefully the club will price most tickets at the lower end of the scale (although local games will be higher)

3. Family packages mean that if you take the kids it again works out around the same price as last year, so families are fine

4. Student tickets! I think it's the first year we've done proper discounts for students on match tickets rather than just under 21, so as a trainee teacher this puts me in that bracket, and thousands more!

5. Get a flipping season ticket if you don't wanna pay match prices

Sorry, I know it's all old news but it's off my chest :) phew...

Sorry mate but it's because people say things like "get a season ticket if you don't want to pay match day prices" that keeps this merry-go-round moving.

It's so ignorant. SOME PEOPLE CANT ATTEND ENOUGH GAMES TO MAKE A SEASON TICKET WORTH IT

Sorry mate but it's because people say things like "get a season ticket if you don't want to pay match day prices" that keeps this merry-go-round moving.

It's so ignorant. SOME PEOPLE CANT ATTEND ENOUGH GAMES TO MAKE A SEASON TICKET WORTH IT

Neither can I, I live 200 miles away so cant do night games.

So i'll suck it up and pay our prices. Its done mate. We just have to deal with it