bristol city supporters going to boycott our game

Perhaps that's what the scoreboard is for lol

Could be At half time somebody will go on the pitch press a big blue button and what ever price it lands on will be the price for the next home game lol jobs a good un

Edited by darra

Surely the price of phase 3 tickets has removed that possibility.

He can't allow membership to be cheaper than phase 3 season tickets.

Yeah but imagine attendances if we are mid table and not scoring much at £33 a game...........

Could be At half time somebody will go on the pitch press a big blue button and what ever price it lands on will be the price for the next home game lol jobs a godd un

Chansiri presses the button

lab-monitor.gif

Don't live in Sheffield do I lol  OK then go to Currys ask how much that washing machine is. Bloke says I'll have to ask the manager how many we've sold this month

There was a time, back in the day, when I attended every single game, home and away, including pre season friendlies, but gradually, although I still never miss home games, my attendance at away games slipped to about ten a season, and in the past few seasons, two or three per season. I certainly wouldn't pay £39.00 to watch Wednesday play away in the Championship, and couldn't blame Bristol City fans if none of them came to the first game of the season.

There was a time, back in the day, when I attended every single game, home and away, including pre season friendlies, but gradually, although I still never miss home games, my attendance at away games slipped to about ten a season, and in the past few seasons, two or three per season. I certainly wouldn't pay £39.00 to watch Wednesday play away in the Championship, and couldn't blame Bristol City fans if none of them came to the first game of the season.

Forget now, but back then would you have paid (the equivalent) of £39 to go away for the first game of the season?    People grow up, change, get more responsibilities - become less willing to take risks etc.    I think probably you'll say no, but only because of the now vast difference in cost to go to games.   

For those who know nothing else, I think they will still pay if they are earning and have no responsibilities or at least non that will be impacted by watching football at these prices.

Edited by salmonbones

Guest mkowl

The alternative way of looking at this is what other business sets its prices so far in front and then wouldn't have the option of varying them

Well, this story has now made the BBC sport football home page. There's no such thing as bad publicity, apparently. Doesn't the fact that we're only charging £25 for the Reading match prove we aren't totally mercenary & work in our favour? And, as a business, we're trying to maximise income from the 1st match of the season against a newly promoted, well supported team seems quite logical.

Well, this story has now made the BBC sport football home page. There's no such thing as bad publicity, apparently. Doesn't the fact that we're only charging £25 for the Reading match prove we aren't totally mercenary & work in our favour? And, as a business, we're trying to maximise income from the 1st match of the season against a newly promoted, well supported team seems quite logical.

from Bristol Supporters club board

"Maybe in that way Sheffield Wednesday will get the message that this is unreasonable.

"After all, it will only cost Reading fans £25 when they go to Hillsborough. Where's the sense in that?"

no real answer why Reading fans are being asked to pay £14 less for watching essentially the same product.

We need to educate these Bristol City fans into paying these prices. 

They'll get it in time. 

Don't think they will, I reckon sales on away tickets will fall off quite some way - I'm guessin 800 fans opposed to 1800 fans, and I don't believe for a minute they would have brought 3k.

Still, well have lost out on overall revenue from away fans for this game I believe.

from Bristol Supporters club board

"Maybe in that way Sheffield Wednesday will get the message that this is unreasonable.

"After all, it will only cost Reading fans £25 when they go to Hillsborough. Where's the sense in that?"

no real answer why Reading fans are being asked to pay £14 less for watching essentially the same product.

I am not defending the prices, I can't but the logic you say could be applied to all games. Why do we have tiers? Same product x 23