Stadiums under construction thread

1 hour ago, jamsandwich said:

I actually thought they were dead against referring to it as "White Hart Lane"...

I haven't seen one single thing refer to it as such.  Seems to be "The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium" is the name of choice for the club.  Certainly until they can find a sponsor.

Just not bothered...

Guest Grez Bez

Great pics Kivo

Had no idea Brentford were moving; knew they discussed it years ago but had not seen anything.

That Tottenham stadium is superb

Obviously a bit early to tell but the Brentford ground looks like it could be interesting.

Should at least please the anti 'souless bowl' brigade.

The size difference between the stands looks significant. You could compare it to Leeds or Bradford but looks like an even bigger disparity.

Kind of reminds me of those few seasons that away fans were housed in the very top of the new stand at Wolves. So weird looking down at the roof of the other stands.

4 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Sad that York are moving away from a proper football ground in Bootham Crescent to a soulless bowl on the edge of town

what would you have York City do? 

A multi purpose stadium has got to make sense for them. 

'if you are not part of the future, you are only part of the past which means you will be history' 

2 hours ago, Geedee said:

what would you have York City do? 

A multi purpose stadium has got to make sense for them. 

'if you are not part of the future, you are only part of the past which means you will be history' 

I understand the reasons for it, but my grandparents live in York and as a kid I used to go to Bootham with my Grandad when he was still with us, so the old ground has some special memories for me. 

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

That looks like it's seriously penned in on 3 sides!  I'm sure it will be nice and easy to access!  Oh and zero room for expansion or development.  Very odd. Where is it?

Is it going to open as a three sided stadium? Looks to be no work done at all on one side