Stadiums under construction thread

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Spurs stadium opening has been delayed due to "issues with critical safety systems".

Where are they playing,  Jurassic Park? 

Judging by the video I saw the other day of the stadium in its current state, I would suggest Jurassic Park would be a more appropriate venue for sport at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Jos’s Tache said:

Is it still a way off completion?

Still pretty much a concrete and metal shell. There are a few bits installed, like some of the seats and fixings and things, but considering they were originally hoping to have been playing matches there already you can really see how far behind schedule they are.

1 hour ago, jamsandwich said:

Yeah. That’s a proper fizz up. Only one stadium allowed in a season is the rule. How have they managed to get away with that. 

Cue Man Utd doing a touring “home” season or some testicles. 

Presumably the Board of the Premier League felt that all six points were satisfied. Personally I'd have liked to have told them where to stick it...

stadium_rules.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 23:04, punkskaphil said:

Still pretty much a concrete and metal shell. There are a few bits installed, like some of the seats and fixings and things, but considering they were originally hoping to have been playing matches there already you can really see how far behind schedule they are.

Doesn't look good:

https://www.building.co.uk/news/mace-faces-bill-running-into-millions-on-tottenham-stadium/5095130.article?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Building%20%20Breaking%20News&utm_content=Daily%20Building%20%20Breaking%20News+CID_2d42dfcb495ff6e446ed9b38390ecc26&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitor%20emails&utm_term=Mace%20faces%20bill%20running%20into%20millions%20on%20Tottenham%20stadium

Spurs stadium builders “earning more than the players”

The huge construction team on the £850m Spurs stadium site is costing more each week in total wages than Tottenham’s playing squad.

The Enquirer understands that yesterday saw a record workforce of 3,800 operatives clock-in on the project which saw its planned opening delayed this week.

Main contractor Mace is flooding the job with workers after it was confirmed it won’t be ready for the first planned Premier League game against Liverpool on September 15. The Enquirer revealed in June that electricians were earning £400 a day on  the stadium.

One industrial relations expert close to the project said: “You’ve got 3,800 operatives down there in two shifts and whatever overtime they want.

“There’s 600 electricians on site and thousands of other trades.

“Being conservative that’s going to rack-up at an average of at least £1,000 a week per head in labour costs.”

That would equate to a weekly site wage bill of £3.8m.

Spurs’ wage bill for players last season was £127m – or around £2.4m a week.

The huge workforce is expected to be on site for at least the next six weeks with some electricians contracted until November.

I reckon they always knew they were gonna play half a season at Wembley.

Had they have asked in the first place to use Wembley til Jan, PL and FA would have turned them down.

This way it looks like they have tried but have now managed to squirm their way back on basis of being homeless.

Me personally I'd have told em to find another venue. Twickenham and Stadiummk are available if you want it. But obviously the FA make money from spurs being their so it suits them.

They will need another ground apparently for the game against City. My bet is it will get postponed until later in the year. Disgraceful really.

If Spurs were a northern club then the league would not be bending over backwards to accommodate them.

Really, Spurs should be fined and deducted points for each game they fail to fulfil at their new ground, and results awarded 3-0 against them on each occasion. 

6 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I reckon they always knew they were gonna play half a season at Wembley.

Had they have asked in the first place to use Wembley til Jan, PL and FA would have turned them down.

This way it looks like they have tried but have now managed to squirm their way back on basis of being homeless.

Me personally I'd have told em to find another venue. Twickenham and Stadiummk are available if you want it. But obviously the FA make money from spurs being their so it suits them.

They will need another ground apparently for the game against City. My bet is it will get postponed until later in the year. Disgraceful really.

If Spurs were a northern club then the league would not be bending over backwards to accommodate them.

Really, Spurs should be fined and deducted points for each game they fail to fulfil at their new ground, and results awarded 3-0 against them on each occasion. 

The clue is in your reply the FA will make money out of this delay. In truth I don't know why its such a big issue for some people. What does it matter if Spurs play a few more games at Wembley? 

Their ground is  a massive™ building project that's running behind schedule, it won't be the first and it won't be last. 

Edited by Geedee