Was sacking Gray the right decision?

Was sacking Gray the right decision?  

855 members have voted

1. 1. Was sacking Gray the right decision?

• Yes
    • No

Voted yes but should have been done at the end of the season.

I don't think any one of the Gray critics would disagree with that. Even though he was incredibly out of his depth and tactically inept, he is a good bloke that many respected and this move shows no respect albeit a necessity.

Like has been said before, depends on who he brings in. A big name that can attract bigger and better players and we wee wee the league then SG will soon be forgotten......mediocre manager, mid table at Xmas then no..... we shall just have to wait and see.

Would you have preferred 10 games in when we only have say 10 points? That's obviously a scenario DC envisaged and there is nothing wrong with the timing.

Players not back for 3 weeks and over 2 months of the window left.

Nobody in our division is trading at the moment

the timing is disrespectful imo, gray has done more than enough to warrant a crack at the job with a bit of backing. Whats to say the new manager only gets 10 points in his first 10 games? Then what? Do we go the cellino route and sack every manager who doesn't perform straight away? If gray was going to be sacked it should have been done in a more dignified way at the end of the season, the fans could have voiced their appreciation and he could have been offered a job in the coaching set up.

Guest wilyfox

We played crap football and couldn't score goals. On top of that, it is always the new owner's prerogative to install his own guy if he chooses. Chansiri must have complete faith in whoever fills the position, otherwise it'll just cause problems down the line.

If the sacking had happened a month ago when the season finished then you could argue yes.

The fact it has happened as we approach a return to pre-season is very questionable.

Time will tell in the long run whether it is the right decision.

i don't think Gray was the right man in the long term so could understand him going - but the timing is weird, and anyhow, I thought he had earned himself a chance on a suitable budget.

All this timing is bad is complete balls. The retained list was that easy even DC could have done it.

We are now giving a new man a full pre-season and virtually all of the transfer window.

If we get off to a bad start with the new man it's DC's call. He didn't rate Gray....he sacked him nothing wrong with that,

As for a coaching role would the new man want the old head coach.....and I bet players pal....sat in the background? SG probably wouldn't want it either

I don't think gray would have been brilliant myself, I think what he's done on a low budget is nothing sort of a minor miracle, especially the 2013/14 season where we were all but relegated when he took over.

I get that a new chairman has the right to install his man, that's why if gray was going to be sacked he should have gone after the last game, why leave it this long?