Was sacking Gray the right decision?

Was sacking Gray the right decision?  

855 members have voted

1. 1. Was sacking Gray the right decision?

• Yes
    • No

Indeed.

It will only ever be judged as a good decision if the new person comes in and kicks us on.

As things stand we don't fully know who that new person is, so there you go...

Edited by SiJ

Not read all the thread but heres my view.

I thought Gray at least had earned a crack at it this season. I wasn't overly upset or surprised when he got the chop. I thought we must have had someone impressive lined up to replace him.

Now it's looking like a poor decision to sack him.

I agree with this, but to mitigate for Chansiri, I can only assume the decision was made because Gray was deemed not to be 'on board' with whatever decision-making structure has emerged these last few months.

Still, from where I'm stood, knowing that Cooper will probably be coaching the team rather than Gray hardly seems like a step up, or even a step across.

But even so, I still think the main factor in how we fare next season will be in the recruitment of players rather than who's coaching them, provided he's at least moderately competent, which I suspect that Cooper is at least.

And in his place we have confusion ,no coach manager worth his salt will hand over team selection,he's a good coach and one that players wanted to play for ,now they will be playing for a committee ,that should work hmmmm

Guest totemowl

And in his place we have confusion ,no coach manager worth his salt will hand over team selection,he's a good coach and one that players wanted to play for ,now they will be playing for a committee ,that should work hmmmm

Just imagine, if those players who wanted to play for Gray had turned up in the last half of last season, he might still have a job.

Just imagine, if those players who wanted to play for Gray had turned up in the last half of last season, he might still have a job.

If you think his sacking had anything to do with last season's performance you are kidding yourself,he would have been sacked long ago ,he was allowed to get rid of the players he did not want,the sacking was all about who controls what on the field ,you just can't have a committee picking the team over the head of the coach

Guest totemowl

I'm not daft enough to think the comittee is going to pick the team...

But in January we were 8th I believe on well poised for a shot at the play offs. From that point we went backwards.

A good demonstration that he was unlikely to take us up. He was sacked based on his potential, not last season.

Did we sack him?

I heard he walked!

I believe he made his position untenable by not going with the flow thus Chansiri had no other option to sack him, that would cover both? Edited by OzOwl