Was sacking Gray the right decision?

Was sacking Gray the right decision?  

855 members have voted

1. 1. Was sacking Gray the right decision?

• Yes
    • No

Liam maybe a better alternative has just come on to the market in the owners eyes.

People are making out that were two weeks before the start of the season with half a dozen new players signed.

The new man has a blank canvass....perfect for him

If Chansiri has someone lined up and they're more than willing to join then I agree - its good management.

But it depends on who that man is.

Because he wanted just for example the ex Watford manager, he thought no chance of getting him out of a premiership club but no suddenly he becomes free......bye bye Stuart.

I think whoever he wants has suddenly become available

Absolute rubbish, you don't sack a manager just because another becomes available.

Need a third option... it all depends. I think Gray was a good manager and felt he fit in well with our club so I voted that it was the wrong thing. But if someone comes in who turns out to be even better than Gray for the job then I guess I would vote the other way.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Sorry but YES for me... nice guy, had no idea how to take the game to the opposition, only knew how to counter attack. Which is why we could win away but not at home, only won at home when the away team went for us e.g. Boro.

Gray has met every challenge asked of him within the budget he's had.  In any other industry he would be safe but this is football.  I can understand it if we are getting a high profile manager in and spending a lot of money, but I personally I would have been tempted to give him a go at next season.

I'm sure that Gray will find another good job at this level...can't argue with his contribution, despite the lack of attacking options.  Good luck Stuart.

to nice for me , if new high profile players are coming in it will take a different mindset to handle them methinks just my thoughts on the subject may be wrong but chansiri obviously thinks some thing is not working , 

Guest Distraught!

There should be a third option,

Depends on who comes in. :biggrin:

Absolutely!

That question cannot be answered until we know what is coming next and whether it is a positive step forward.

Thing that I worry about is the way managers sell their soul when sacked by signing a confidentiality clause.

.'. can't vote until  (1) New manager appointed or (2) A mole surfaces.

The big thing to come out of this may well be a strong indication of our thirst to know how minted we might be. If we are confirmed minted then I envisage a happy ending.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Gray has met every challenge asked of him within the budget he's had.  In any other industry he would be safe but this is football.  I can understand it if we are getting a high profile manager in and spending a lot of money, but I personally I would have been tempted to give him a go at next season.

I'm sure that Gray will find another good job at this level...can't argue with his contribution, despite the lack of attacking options.  Good luck Stuart.

How do you know that?  Were you there at his meetings with MM and PA?

Maybe they wanted a top 10 finish with the budget he was given? So to say he would have been safe in any other industry is a bit of a leap of argument....

You're given a budget and told find a way of doing all of this list, even if it's unrealistic..... in most burgeoning industries they attempt to over-perform as a minimum TBH. Football is perhaps more lenient in certain ways, one is that they get a hell of a pay off for failure too, now that's the unusual bit.,...