Pearson & Roeder

Doesn't every club in the Premiership have some sort of structure to run the club? I'm sure that its just not left to the manager.

Also tactics, team selection, etc are all discussed between the training staff, with the manager giving the final judgement.

Where as recruitment etc will be done by an administration team after discussions with the manger and training staff.

Think people are naive to think its all left to the manager.

To me we are just catching up and I expect there will be further non playing recruitment to come.  

A lot of people have commented in the past, that Gray is a great coach, but not a great manager

This is a way to leave Gray to do what he does best

I've not seen any comments from Gray yet

But if he's happy with it, then I can see it working

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Funny how Glenn Roeder has this negative boring image - as a player he was a classy defender who played with a lot of flair in an age where centre halfs were expected to soften up the forwards and plant the ball in row z.  

At the time he was well known for his step overs to go past the forward and bring the ball out of defence.......  Can't remember seeing anyone do that since.

A lot of people have commented in the past, that Gray is a great coach, but not a great manager

This is a way to leave Gray to do what he does best

I've not seen any comments from Gray yet

But if he's happy with it, then I can see it working

I was one of those that commented and advocated his replacement to take us to the next step, but if this works then could be a positive formula. No doubt Gray's strengths are in coaching and developing a team spirit and while I am not convinced (yet) that he can play exciting, attacking football keen to see what he can do with better quality players at his disposal. 

Pearson being on board is an excellent acquisition and a real statement of intent from our new owner who has shown so far at every step that he knows exactly what is necessary to progress the club.

I was one of those that commented and advocated his replacement to take us to the next step, but if this works then could be a positive formula. No doubt Gray's strengths are in coaching and developing a team spirit and while I am not convinced (yet) that he can play exciting, attacking football keen to see what he can do with better quality players at his disposal. 

Pearson being on board is an excellent acquisition and a real statement of intent from our new owner who has shown so far at every step that he knows exactly what is necessary to progress the club.

I'm excited about Pearson, he's a real football man.

Not so sure about Roeder, but I'm willing to give him a chance, he's got good contacts, including Glen Hoddle.

I think Gray has got the best out of the players at his disposal

It can't have been easy, especially on our awful pitch

The thing I like about Gray is, likes young up and coming players, he did quite a bit of scouting for Stuart Pearce when he was managing England's youngsters.

I hope this is the path we take, creaming off the best young talent around

Whatever happens, we have exciting times ahead.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'm excited about Pearson, he's a real football man.

Not so sure about Roeder, but I'm willing to give him a chance, he's got good contacts, including Glen Hoddle.

I think Gray has got the best out of the players at his disposal

It can't have been easy, especially on our awful pitch

The thing I like about Gray is, likes young up and coming players, he did quite a bit of scouting for Stuart Pearce when he was managing England's youngsters.

I hope this is the path we take, creaming off the best young talent around

Whatever happens, we have exciting times ahead.

even though he's in Rugby now  he's the type of ambitious go get em type I wanted to own / run Wednesday 

fascinated by this talk of spending what is required to get promoted and then 'compete'  ok on promotion we would have considerable funds supplied by sky but to actually compete will take a lot    listened to a talksport article about differences in wage bills and wage structure ethos of the upper and lower teams  unless i heard wrong  it varies from 16mm - 160mm+  it will take a lot of extra cash to even try and compete with the top 10 - very interesting times glad i'm not making those decisions 

I tell you what the best thing will be - going into a game actually expecting to win. Not hoping to win, or thinking we've got a good chance, but like it was the most recent season in League 1.

Same here.

Talk of the Premiership is nice, and we have to be ambitious, but in the short term I'm just excited about feeling like we can mix it at the top of this league.

It'd be nice to know over the summer that we're in that mix. To look at whichever 3 sides come down, to Forest, Derby, Middlesborough and Norwich if they don't go up, the "there or there abouts" teams and the spenders, and to know that was can actually compete with them. That we can go out and get players, even ones on loan like a Patrick Bamford or Darren Bent. That if Forest start chucking £5m at teams for players, if we want the same player we CAN go toe to toe with them for a signature. We've not been able to do that for 15 years at this level. We've never once been in a serious promotion mix up since we came down. I'm immensely excited just by that in the short term, without even thinking further ahead.