Posh London Owls

i wer sat wi a kid from wales who wer feom isle er man ðŸ˜ðŸ˜so i win random wednesday fan contest😎

Thanks Realist - you brought the humour and fun back to this thread. I brought a Millwall fan with me (not posh but did have a rite Cockney accent). He thought our fans were magnificent and told his mates that night in the pub that he was 'an onnery' Wednesdayite ..... Which made me wonder if we had an initiation ceremony ;-)

Thanks Realist - you brought the humour and fun back to this thread. I brought a Millwall fan with me (not posh but did have a rite Cockney accent). He thought our fans were magnificent and told his mates that night in the pub that he was 'an onnery' Wednesdayite ..... Which made me wonder if we had an initiation ceremony ;-)

This is how we do it...post-36058-0-38273200-1419237815.jpg

I was born and bred on the outskirts of Sheffield. I started watching Wednesday at the grand old age of SEVEN. I spent my working life in the pits, and I can swear with the best. But 'Industrial Language' is exactly what it says 'Language to be used in Industry' and not for public consumption.

I was told about swearing at school that using swear words simply shows a poor command of the English language. As for boozing, I've boozed with the best, got drunk a time or two, always considered myself 'working class' - what a horrible phrase! - but still consider myself any man's equal.

To me, a football match, and going to watch one, is an experience. I go for the football (if there be any) and whilst a pie and a pint helps to improve that experience, it is an addition to, not the main reason for, attending what is after all a family sport.

If our 'Posh London' supporters do not use what was always called in my locale 'pit talk' so much the better. Would that we had more at Hillsborough, to replace some of the foul mouthed scum we do have.

Southerners swear as much as Northerners, they just have a different accent.

I was born on Penistone Road. When I was a toddler I could hear the roar from the ground when Wednesday scored. I live in the south now but I've still got my accent and I still support Wednesday.

People are the same where ever they live.

Perhaps when NFL style advert breaks come into our game we might have enough time to express our dissatisfaction at a referees decision in a much more eloquent fashion...

Until then, in a fast moving game I remain quite happy to use the time honoured 'yer f**kin joking ref'....

If you don't like it, go and sit in the family stand.

Part time fans who don't like industrial language at football matches..... That is all!!

" i say tarquin, those nasty smelly northern boys are here again,  HURRAH! FOR OUR TEAM"

"yes ponsonby, they don't get the opportunity to bathe as much since daddy shut the mines, and non of them went to eton you know"...

Edited by dnhc

I was born and bred on the outskirts of Sheffield. I started watching Wednesday at the grand old age of SEVEN. I spent my working life in the pits, and I can swear with the best. But 'Industrial Language' is exactly what it says 'Language to be used in Industry' and not for public consumption. I was told about swearing at school that using swear words simply shows a poor command of the English language. As for boozing, I've boozed with the best, got drunk a time or two, always considered myself 'working class' - what a horrible phrase! - but still consider myself any man's equal.

To me, a football match, and going to watch one, is an experience. I go for the football (if there be any) and whilst a pie and a pint helps to improve that experience, it is an addition to, not the main reason for, attending what is after all a family sport. If our 'Posh London' supporters do not use what was always called in my locale 'pit talk' so much the better. Would that we had more at Hillsborough, to replace some of the foul mouthed scum we do have.

Oh lardy darr

I was born and bred on the outskirts of Sheffield. I started watching Wednesday at the grand old age of SEVEN. I spent my working life in the pits, and I can swear with the best. But 'Industrial Language' is exactly what it says 'Language to be used in Industry' and not for public consumption. I was told about swearing at school that using swear words simply shows a poor command of the English language. As for boozing, I've boozed with the best, got drunk a time or two, always considered myself 'working class' - what a horrible phrase! - but still consider myself any man's equal.

To me, a football match, and going to watch one, is an experience. I go for the football (if there be any) and whilst a pie and a pint helps to improve that experience, it is an addition to, not the main reason for, attending what is after all a family sport. If our 'Posh London' supporters do not use what was always called in my locale 'pit talk' so much the better. Would that we had more at Hillsborough, to replace some of the foul mouthed scum we do have.

get in't sarf stand...

I've just never seen swearing as a big deal.

Will I try to curb it in front of certain people, young children, elderly people....course I will.

But football is a completely different environment. If you go to football with the idea that everyone will mind their P's and Q's and it'll be a friendly atmosphere...especially away games, then you're kidding yourself. Away days you have to get your head around the idea of expecting the unexpected. Pretty much anything goes.

If that offends you...that's your own problem. NOT the problem of the vast majority who don't give a poo poo.