Posh London Owls

What a stupid thread.

Would we have taken 4000 yesterday without the "posh southerners"?

Interesting stat

Away following at Blackburn oop north 2000

Away following at Fulham darn south 4000

Be interesting what contribution the southern based Owls actually make. And remember most of them were either born in Sheffield then re- located or have a family connection.

Ridiculous and pointless thread.

Try growing a pair and having it out with some of us Southern/Eastern/Midlands/West Owls at the next away game - or even a home match - and let's discuss what makes a true Wednesday fan. I guess round trips of c350 miles for home games plus travelling to away games in London on a cold Tuesday night in Brentford, or wherever means nothing to you because you have a keyboard and probably don't go to matches anyway.

T@sser

Part time fans who don't like industrial language at football matches..... That is all!!

I dont understand. Are you saying that all London Owls are the above or just the ones you happened to be stood next to? I'm from South Yorkshire and have lived in London for 28 years but believe me i'm not posh and i'm not offended by industrial language.

Guest Big Guns

Ridiculous and pointless thread.

Try growing a pair and having it out with some of us Southern/Eastern/Midlands/West Owls at the next away game - or even a home match - and let's discuss what makes a true Wednesday fan. I guess round trips of c350 miles for home games plus travelling to away games in London on a cold Tuesday night in Brentford, or wherever means nothing to you because you have a keyboard and probably don't go to matches anyway.

T@sser

Toe ser is that how you say it in a posh accent ?

I, as one of these pathetic fake Wednesday fans who've only supported them since I was 6 on the command of my Birley estate father, took some mates to see Wednesday today. First thing they encountered was a fine example of Sheffield breeding calling one the lads serving hot dogs a foreign poopydoo, followed by another lot sneering racist slurs at some guys carrying a crate of f*cking coca cola. A let down by all accounts.

I can assure that a Southern accent doesn't make you posh, although I had to spend the rest of the game convincing my lot that a Northern accent doesn't make you a racist yob.

I wasn't born in Sheffield cos I didn't pick me mam and I don't live there cos my work is in London. But I love Sheffield, love Wednesday, and go to games to watch the ball & sing for the lads, unlike some that seem more determined to spend a game giving a hard time to people doing the sort of hard day's work being espoused in here.

WAWAW, if you don't like it go support Barnsley.

Small minded Wednesday mentallity.

Man City, Chelsea and Man U are competing for fan bases in Asia and the Americas.

We can't even accept a fan that has moved away from Sheffield.

Sky high expectations with no sense = the average Wednesday fan.

Some Ajax fans were stood next to me, they said they'd come over to London to watch a game and chose to go in the away end with us cus they've heard we don't like posh twats.

In all seriousness they were banging on about how good our support is and saying that they'd love to come to a sheffield derby