Posh London Owls

If you don't like swearing at football matches, which btw has occurred since time immemorial,perhaps have a pop at the editors of MOTD, The Football League Show and all the Sky shows for not editing out players clearly 'bantering'with the ref and linos....

Or is the omnipresent mouthing by professional players of the phrase 'eff off' viewed by millions four nights a week acceptable for little Toby (Southern owl) or little Gary (Northern owl) both aged ten, whilst they watch with mum and dad. As long as they don't hear it hey?

Jesus H Christ... get a flipping life. It is football, people swear.

Get over yer selfs...

I don't care where you were born, or where you live

I don't care what sex you are, or whether you're straight, gay, or bi

I don't care what nationality you are, or your colour

I don't care what your religious beliefs are

I don't care if you go to every game, or go to none at all

If you say you're Wednesday, that's good enough for me

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

People swear. yes - thats understood.

it's swearing for no reason that is what makes "northerners" look like apes.

Flip this flip that pet shop him and eff her off

it doesnt need to happen.

There's a good point in that, and there's plenty of people who swear all the time - it has no weight or context so yes they do sound medieval and simple whatever regional dialect they hold, I agree. But we are no different as a set of fans to others.

We are a broad church.

You could hear the same language on a bus...

But do you write to your local bus company complaining? No.

Took my sons (11 & 8) to the away game in Bournemouth, 2 or 3 years ago.

Now, we all need to let off a bit of steam at the match, and that's part and parcel of the experience, and long may it remain so, but equally you have to take it into account when taking young 'uns along.

So, I bought tickets for the 'family enclosure', specifically so they wouldn't have to listen to the 'industrial' language in amongst our main mob.

Guess what.......

Shandied-up spotty gobshites behind us, effing and blinding all the way through.

There was a time when these types of problems would/could be self-regulating, with a warning to 'mind yer language' sufficing, or a swift clip round the ear if not, but not nowadays when every 15 year old is Burbed up and has a pirated copy of Football Factory in his dvd player at home, and feels an overwhelming need to 'be respected' in front of their mates.

Different times......

Shandied-up spotty gobshites behind us, effing and blinding all the way through.

There was a time when these types of problems would/could be self-regulating, with a warning to 'mind yer language' sufficing, or a swift clip round the ear if not, but not nowadays when every 15 year old is Burbed up and has a pirated copy of Football Factory in his dvd player at home, and feels an overwhelming need to 'be respected' in front of their mates.

Different times......

I tell my kids "If you don't eat your greens and do your homework - you'll end up like those sorry buggers"....

Took my sons (11 & 8) to the away game in Bournemouth, 2 or 3 years ago.

Now, we all need to let off a bit of steam at the match, and that's part and parcel of the experience, and long may it remain so, but equally you have to take it into account when taking young 'uns along.

So, I bought tickets for the 'family enclosure', specifically so they wouldn't have to listen to the 'industrial' language in amongst our main mob.

Guess what.......

Different times......

Then there are these simpletons, true. If you know you are near a family/children section then I completely agree it isn't too much to ask the 'burbed'' up wannabe Danny Dyers to tone it down, or get a ticket for a different area in the first place.

But if you take your children in to the main parts home or away then they will get an education in bright and colourful language.

Whenever I've taken my children I've forewarned them, and to be fair my kids find it amusing. I know that others don't and these are the ones that it is unfair on, especially in a family section.

I don't think there's an ideal solution as a lot of good, passionate chants have the odd eff or jeff in them. Swearing is heard all around grounds at these moments, but an argument is that there is at least some context.

Personally I like a bit of a swear but no different to most in general. Normally venting my ire at a crap ref decision, like most.

The problem with so-called Family Sections, is that they just become over-spill areas when the main sections have sold out.

I completely agree that if you opt to take your kids onto the kop, or in the main away sections at away games, then a bit of 'language' is to be expected.

it'd just be nice to have an area where dads could take their youngsters without cringing every 30 seconds.

A friend of mine was a lifelong Owl and had brought up her two little kids to be Owls too. They had to move from Sheffield to Hull for work reasons, but with the idea that they'd travel to Sheffield for matches. When I next saw her a couple of years later the whole family had converted to being Hull ST holders, and when I asked her why she said it was entirely down to the bad language. With the kids at an impressionable age she didn't want them subjected to the level of obscenity that they were hearing at Wednesday matches. Apparently at Hull they don't hear anything like the verbal abuse that they used to hear at Hillsborough. Occasionally she and her husband do travel to Sheffield for home games, but they never bring the kids with them.

A friend of mine was a lifelong Owl and had brought up her two little kids to be Owls too. They had to move from Sheffield to Hull for work reasons, but with the idea that they'd travel to Sheffield for matches. When I next saw her a couple of years later the whole family had converted to being Hull ST holders, and when I asked her why she said it was entirely down to the bad language. With the kids at an impressionable age she didn't want them subjected to the level of obscenity that they were hearing at Wednesday matches. Apparently at Hull they don't hear anything like the verbal abuse that they used to hear at Hillsborough. Occasionally she and her husband do travel to Sheffield for home games, but they never bring the kids with them.

I've heard the Hull fans and they are up there with the best swearers so their decision is a bit baffling.

The problem with so-called Family Sections, is that they just become over-spill areas when the main sections have sold out.

I completely agree that if you opt to take your kids onto the kop, or in the main away sections at away games, then a bit of 'language' is to be expected.

it'd just be nice to have an area where dads could take their youngsters without cringing every 30 seconds.

I think it is impossible. The onus is on fans to recognise they are near a family area and not the Kop or main areas.