Your first away game

Sat 17 Jan 1970 Derby County............ 0-1  32,991 

I was only 7 and remember very little about it apart from walk to ground from train station and not being able to see much in there little terrace once inside.

Edited by bradowl

a 2-2 draw at the sty 1962 ......bronco scored a screamer in front of the shoreham .

went to that one with my dad who was a blade...got in 30 mins early just in time to see the owls fans march onto the Shoreham and cover half of it...dad wouldn't let me go round at half time... lol

Coventry away ages ago as a nipper Our entire support were all skinheads that day, or so it seemed. Couldn't wait to get my head shaved the following week

We got on their end early one year...so the next they were waiting for us got a real pasting...to cap it off the coppers were taking out boots off us have to watch the match in stocking feet

Don't remember that. I would have only been 8, though

Ditto.

But my memory is superior to most lol

On the subject of Belle Vue we went on a school trip there in primary school, I must have been 9 or something. They got us to do a quiz about Rovers. In a class full of Donny fans who won the quiz? Meeeeeeeee. Why? Cos Donny have the most fair weather, glory hunting ex Leeds supporting fans in the world.

I won a Rovers pen. Wahoo.

Leeds. 1991.

My uncle got tickets to the director's box through his work. But nobody told the teenage Neal M that you had to wear a shirt and tie.

Not classy enough for Leeds Utd. That's quite a kick in the teeth.

Ended up being given tickets so we could sit with the home fans. Lovely.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Boxing Day 1964. Leicester. Amazing to think that next week that is 50 years ago.

Hadn't been intending to go but a friend of my uncle's (he always spent Christmas with us) came over that morning to show off his new car. He said he fancied giving it a drive somewhere so on a whim we decided to go down to Leicester. I remember that we didn't get in till 3.10 by which time Colin Dobson had put us one up from the spot. Finished in a 2-2 draw.

Boxing Day 1964. Leicester. Amazing to think that next week that is 50 years ago.

I went to that game.  2-2.   We never used to beat Leicester in the 60's.

My first away game was 1959-60 6th round of FAC. Sheff Utd v Sheff Wed.  59,000 odd there.

Two early Derek Wilkinson goals won it for us.       First game out of Sheffield was October 1960. Preston 2 Owls 2.