Your first away game

Stamford Bridge 1967 quarter final  0-1,  Tommy Baldwin with a shinner that bobbled past Springett, 5 or 6 minutes into Fergie time.

seem to remember Ford ? getting barged off the pitch onto the old cinder track, ..... that must have stung a bit .

broke my heart that goal as i was convinced we were going back to wembley .....springett would have saved that 99/100 but like you say the bobble beat him can still see don megson with his head in hands as he retrieved the ball from the net .......that apart was a tremendous day 18000 tickets we sold and soho wash awash with wednesdayites that saturday night .

Guest JohnFantham

broke my heart that goal as i was convinced we were going back to wembley .....springett would have saved that 99/100 but like you say the bobble beat him can still see don megson with his head in hands as he retrieved the ball from the net .......that apart was a tremendous day 18000 tickets we sold and soho wash awash with wednesdayites that saturday night .

Broke my heart too that day, got down there in a blue and white Hillman Imp.

Wolves away in the FA Cup in 1990. It was the relegation year and had cup shock written all over it. Moulineux was an absolute hell hole with half the stadium closed due to health and safety. I think Pressman might have been injured the week before, so Turner was in nets. He got a nasty head injury though but as we had no sub they patched him up with a massive white bandage on his head. He saved a pen and we won 2-1.

At the end they kept us locked in for ages and all the fans were bashing on this corrugated stand which I thought was bound to fall in. 

Lincoln City mid 70,s , there were thousands of us on a side terrace with the smallest steps ever.......................i was about 14 years old and barely saw a thing all game...................think it was Brian Hornsby,s debut , anyone help me out with the exact date?

18 March 1978 - we lost 3-1.

Remember that game well. We barely got to the game in time for kick off as the police kept all the coaches back at the racecourse. Then we were shunted into some side terrace where, as you say, the view was terrible. And there was lots of argy with the police that day.....I think a policeman got hit with a coin thrown from the Wednesday fans. Remember there was a pic in the programme about it the next home game.

As you say Brian Hornsby made his debut in that match.

I think it was actually Forest v Derby

We were on the way to an owls away game and it was cancelled cos of the snow so we got the train to nottingham.

Was into the autographing and with my copy of Football 81 or 82 my mate knew a hotel that teams would be stopping at.

We went there and it turned out there were two teams staying there, West Brom and Man utd. 

You were only allowed in reception to ask for autographs and there was only one person i wanted to see.  My mate used a deceptive technique on the receptionist and i snuck up the stairs in to the bar in to the first floor bar.  Who was sat there but the manager Big Ron Atkinson.  Was in awe, first proper celebrity id ever met, except Bobby Knutt and that bin man who stayed at Hilda Ogdens.

But yeah anyway we blagged spare tickets to the Forest v Derby game from the +1s outside the players entrance and went in. 

Was something ilke 4-3 or 5-4, amazing game. 

Then we went home and I told my parents id been round my mates house all day.  I was 12 years old.

Wolves away in the FA Cup in 1990. It was the relegation year and had cup shock written all over it. Moulineux was an absolute hell hole with half the stadium closed due to health and safety. I think Pressman might have been injured the week before, so Turner was in nets. He got a nasty head injury though but as we had no sub they patched him up with a massive white bandage on his head. He saved a pen and we won 2-1.

At the end they kept us locked in for ages and all the fans were bashing on this corrugated stand which I thought was bound to fall in. 

Not with Hirst and Dalian up front:)

They had a fair few young lads waiting for us under a bridge on the way back to the station.

Blackpool - 29th August 1964

Lost 1-0, seem to remember we were the better team but Blackpool grabbed the winner late on.

though i´d been to the sty a couple of years earlier that game was the 1st away one i´d been to in a PROPER  ground , i think it was a very young alan ball who scored for blackpool .

Apart from local games first real away excursion Preston in October 72. Remember standing by the coaches before the game and someone pointing across the dual carriageway just being built overlooking a huge park. We all saw what looked like something from Zulu. it was 100's of Wednesdayites off the train charging to the ground. Ironically the police shepherded us all to the home end and the Preston fans very kindly vacated their usual spot to allow us occupy it!!!. Drew 1-1 with a Eustace penalty

though i´d been to the sty a couple of years earlier that game was the 1st away one i´d been to in a PROPER  ground , i think it was a very young alan ball who scored for blackpool .

I can't remember who scored but I don't think it was Alan Ball. I believe he made his debut for Blackpool a few months after that match.

Guest minsk owl

Blackpool - 29th August 1964

Lost 1-0, seem to remember we were the better team but Blackpool grabbed the winner late on.

I can't remember who scored but I don't think it was Alan Ball. I believe he made his debut for Blackpool a few months after that match.

Alan Ball made his debut for Blackpool , two years earlier in 1962, ....... so there's every chance that Torry is correct

Apart from local games first real away excursion Preston in October 72. Remember standing by the coaches before the game and someone pointing across the dual carriageway just being built overlooking a huge park. We all saw what looked like something from Zulu. it was 100's of Wednesdayites off the train charging to the ground. Ironically the police shepherded us all to the home end and the Preston fans very kindly vacated their usual spot to allow us occupy it!!!. Drew 1-1 with a Eustace penalty

I went on the train that day.  If my memory is correct.  Two mobs of Wednesdayites charged at each other across the park.

First away match was Forest in '67.  Would have been 8 or 9.  0-0 draw iirc.